Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012 >

Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012

Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012

Old 07-03-2012, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by chaskaquilter View Post
I traded in my Viking some years ago for a Janome 300 embroidery machine and a Janome 6500. Loved being able to sew on the 6500 while the 300 was humming along. Did a lot of the flour sack dish towels and sold those, did towels for grands and some other things. I do recommend the seperate machines if you want to embroider. Just my preference. I still would like to try machine qulting a large quilt on my 300, but am worried about the pulling of the quilt while it is embroidering and pulling the design out of alignment. Any tips for that?
Do you use any sort of digitizer program with your 300e? I have a 300e and have been looking for help. I want to be able to stitch out quilt labels but haven't been able to learn how I can fit the wording in the hoop. ANY help would be appreciated. If I need to buy software what is the most reasonable and user friendly that I could find? Thanks to anyonewilling to help.

Last edited by PghPat; 07-03-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by WandaVA View Post

Karen, the 6600 is wonderful for FMQ...especially if you have the FMQ bobbin case. It's not very expensive, and worth every penny!
I have a Janome 6600 also....what is the FMQ bobbin case and how does that help? Thanks!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:58 AM

What kind of software if he offering you (full name, reg or extra or ) ?

There are several versions of software for each company. Ex: Viking/Pfaff has the regular version usually $400, the Extra version $700, the full blown version $thousands, and add on's $200. These are just approximate costs.

I have Viking 3d, Pfaff 4d, Artista V6, Brother Next. My programs cost from $400 to $thousands. And I have to admit, I continually use my 12 year old 3d program. Which goes to prove, cost isn't everything, but you have to know the capabilities of each program. You need to be able to edit, copy, paste as a minimum. My old 3d program will change all of my thread colors to R/A (or whatever), and I can just click on a window to change the thread spool number to match my design exactly. On some programs (Brother) you have to change your thread mfg, each and every time, and then thread spool number, which is a pain if you are doing a design with 20+ colors.

Just another opinion from someone who has discovered sometimes older is better.

KarenSue

There are also other out there that can be downloaded as trial versions.

Originally Posted by palmetto girl View Post
I too, love to EM, I have the older Viking Rose I have used it alot. Just talked to my dealer recently and he told me I could get software for it to do my hearts desire with, just one problem it costs 500.00. I am undecided if I should go that route or just update to another machine, What do you ladies suggest? Of course I would have to have it connected to my computer to use it, I don't know much about doing that. Thanks for this thread.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:35 AM

Here's a description of the Janome free motion bobbin case: http://content.janome.com/index.cfm/...otion_Quilting

You can buy it online from various places for $24.95.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:07 PM

Mine is a Brother ULT that is over 12 years old. I love it and embroider on it almost every day. Very much worth the investment. Here is a question: I saw a site that sold hoops to convert our old machines to be able to sew larger hoop areas. But I can't remember the name of the product. If you know of something like this, please tell us. It would be much cheaper than investing in a new machine to get the larger sewing area.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:39 PM

I own a Viking Diamond and I just love it. I also have the 5D Professional program. I am still learning it all. They're
a great machine.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by luvrazz View Post
Here are a few things that I have embroidered for my new grandbaby that is due in August.
I did these on my Babylock Emore, it is an embroidery only machine. It was only sold for a short time but I love it.
The largest hoop size is 5 x 7.
your baby items are precious! Have fun with your grand baby! they are the BEST!
Old 07-03-2012, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by nstitches4u View Post
Karen,

I also own an Ellisimo and I love it! I don't have any granddaughters (all grandsons!), but I love machine embroidery. I have done 12 sets of quilt blocks with the center of the blocks embroidered (just need to put them together and have them quilted.) I have recently started quilting small quilts with the embroidery machine.

I also have a Janome 6600. Great minds think alike! LOL
Yes, I agree with you!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:12 PM

Thanks for continuing this post. I have a 9500 Janome, and I love the machine . I need to firgue out how to transfer files from the pc to the machine. I have bought the memory card and rewriter and the digitalize thing.the big thing I need to time to sit down and experiment with it. Surely their is some type of converter for the ps2 port thing to usb. That would be ideal. I have embrodiery some cloth burp cloths and such but not really got into it much.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Banned

I knew that over the years I have purchased and got free hundreds
of designs from Embroidery Library, but tonight I sat down and went
through THEIR order history for me and looking at EACH order.

So I decided to start counting the designs and I couldn't got with the
qty they list because there are MANY design packs so I want a count
of EVERY design.

Total number from 2-11-2009 until 7-3-2012 (today) equals............

2213 designs!

Now keep in mind this is ONLY from emb. library, no way am I going
to try and count ALL the designs I have on my computer,,, I KNOW it
is OVER 100,000 (with about 30-60k being names only).

Hello my name is Louise and I am addicted to embroidery designs.