should I stop using this thread?

Old 08-18-2012, 01:34 PM

Thanks. I didn't see that.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
Originally Posted by Prism99
You got some replies to this question in your previous thread here:
Am I using the wrong thread?

I agree Prism. Exact same question and only 3 total posts from this person. What's up?
First off, I don't believe for a minute that Prism was being critical of the OP. It's just not her nature. I believe she was uniting the two threads so the OP could see the answers from both without getting lost.

Secondly, double posts happen around here all the time and I've never seen anyone attacked for it before. The OP is new and just learning her way around. Her question was a good one and probably wondered by many other new machine owners as well. Give her a break, huh?
Old 08-18-2012, 05:50 PM

Hey - go for it. If you try it and it works fine, then you have an acceptable thread for your machine. Beware of too many rules. Learn what rules apply to you and your machine. If it works fine, it is fine.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:16 PM

Did she mean that bobbin was not wound correctly? I'm guessing she wanted you to buy thread there.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:44 AM

Try it and see if you like it. She may just not like the thread or maybe wants you to buy hers. I got some after there was a thead posted on here from someone saying high lint and colors fading onto fabric. I emailed Connecting Threads and said they stand behind their thread and haven't heard of any fading. So it seems to me if I'd gotten thread and it was fading I'd contact the company and get replacement. I got the thread and while I haven't used that much of it since I've been doing a lot of embroidery I don't have any problems with what I have used. I had also bought the really big cone for my piecing and haven't had any problems with that either. If you don't see a problem with the tension then don't worry about it.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:40 AM

my Bernina does not really care what thread it gets, just as lone as it gets 'something'....I do like Superior Thread as I think I get less lint in my bobbin case....."some" of the real less expensive threads will sometimes give you more lint....just means you have to clean more often....
Old 08-19-2012, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
First off, I don't believe for a minute that Prism was being critical of the OP. It's just not her nature. I believe she was uniting the two threads so the OP could see the answers from both without getting lost.

Secondly, double posts happen around here all the time and I've never seen anyone attacked for it before. The OP is new and just learning her way around. Her question was a good one and probably wondered by many other new machine owners as well. Give her a break, huh?
Along with double post, I've posted before and went back to see what was said and couldn't find the post until much later. I thought it had gotten deleted or that I forgot to save. There are times when I've seen the post but worded differently; just like there are 101 or more post on the Accuquilt cutter where someone could of did a search first and gotten all of the info they needed. Especially, when you are new it's hard to know how to do it all but I've seen the same things that I've just mentioned from some that have been around a while. It's not like we are wasting paper by writing it more than once and if you see a post and it basically says the same but in a different way and it's from the same person, then don't click on the link and you can cruise right by it if you want. There are more answers this time so maybe the last post didn't have a lot of readers before it got burried by the post that had alot.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:21 AM

I was so excited to find this board. I was excited to be a "quilter". I popped right in and shared my new discoveries. Frixxion Pen was one. There are probably so many threads about everything. Many of you may have seen and done everything, but remember when you were new!

I know now to look through the posts to find what I am looking for, but don't disparage the new posts about anything. I always click on anything that says "help".

Please don't discourage newbies coming here for help in any way.

A few words of guidance versus a few words of ennui?
Old 08-22-2012, 01:17 AM

My machine serviceman advised me to discontinue using it. Said this particular thread is bad for the bobbin winding mechanism in my machine. I have quite a few spools that I'm saving to use when I buy a new machine .... maybe.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:48 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

For the first year my Bernina acted up horribly. Finally I bought Gutermann cone thread for top threading and now my machines purrs. I only wind my own thread. I'm too afraid to try pre-wound bobbins. My machine is very picky when in comes to thread. When I have the right thread in it, it makes all the difference in the world. And I can't use spools, I have to use cones for some reason. But I'm just happy I finally figured it out and it's working great!