Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Use that Stash!  Fabric Moratorium >

Use that Stash! Fabric Moratorium

Use that Stash! Fabric Moratorium

Old 11-27-2012, 02:43 PM

I think this is a worthy goal. I love fabric, and have so much, but always see something new and want that, too. I have been trying, really trying. Still have to buy backing and binding sometimes, but sure trying to use from my mountainous stash!
Old 11-27-2012, 03:20 PM

That's my goal for this year. I already finished one quilt totally from stash. And I was able to pull almost everything for Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt from stash. Just needed to buy one yard. I thought that would be OK to make it work. Also, just today I cut out another quilt from stash. Wouldn't you say I'm off to a pretty good start?
Old 11-27-2012, 03:39 PM

I am going to join, and I will really give it my best try..... But if I fail, be kind to me!!!!!

hugs

Caroline
Old 11-27-2012, 03:49 PM

I am in with all of you. I really, really need to finish some of the things I have begun plus use up what I have so I will try and post my progress as the year progresses....2013...that is. If we all stick together...:-)
Old 11-27-2012, 09:02 PM

2013..well, I guess that gives me a month to get prepared. Like all of you, I really need to use up some of my stash. I think that I can do this if I can at least buy a little to finish up a project. But dang, I LOVE FABRIC!!! And I'm always afraid that if I don't buy what I love it will be gone and I'll never get it. This is a sickness!!! But I'm in...if we all band together we can do this. Fabriholics Anonymous..that's us. Please help keep me on track!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt-T View Post
I was just telling my husband that I was thinking of joining you all and what the rules are. Funny thing is, he said the same thing about swapping fabric as it would keep us from buying but allow us to get something new that we don't have w/o having to buy it. Maybe I will join you all. I know that I NEED a break from fabric shopping!! I am a fabric junkie/hoarder!!! This would def keep me in check.

I also told him that I thought that maybe I'd keep a jar(like a swear jar) and when I wanted to buy fabric I'd put that $$ into the jar. Like if this fabric was $10/yd and I wanted a yd, I'd put $10 in the jar. Then at the end of the moratorium I could see what I've saved and buy something like a new machine or some tool/book I've been wanting! Who knows? Okay, sign me up!!!
Tanya
Like this idea
Old 11-28-2012, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt-T View Post
I was just telling my husband that I was thinking of joining you all and what the rules are. Funny thing is, he said the same thing about swapping fabric as it would keep us from buying but allow us to get something new that we don't have w/o having to buy it. Maybe I will join you all. I know that I NEED a break from fabric shopping!! I am a fabric junkie/hoarder!!! This would def keep me in check.

I also told him that I thought that maybe I'd keep a jar(like a swear jar) and when I wanted to buy fabric I'd put that $$ into the jar. Like if this fabric was $10/yd and I wanted a yd, I'd put $10 in the jar. Then at the end of the moratorium I could see what I've saved and buy something like a new machine or some tool/book I've been wanting! Who knows? Okay, sign me up!!!
Tanya
I love your idea ! Might have to try this too.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bonnie919 View Post
I would like to join this. This is my first time posting and not sure how it works.
Bonnie
This is how challenges work on the new board: I will create a post in the "QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests"sub forum, found under the "Home" tab. Subscribe to the thread by making a post, or selecting 'subscribe to this thread' under 'thread tools'. As folks post updates, you'll be in the loop.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:17 PM

Princess, I'm with you!! I have so much that I could probably open up my own LQS!!! Time to sew faster and shop less!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:29 PM

Great idea, keep us honest I've been working on using my stash for the past year or so. My goal is to always purchase purchase by the project when I get my stash cleared out. I recently started a strip QAYG - 10 1/2 inch blocks. I have my scraps down to half and have enough blocks for a pretty good sized quilt. I don't have any more backing fabric I'm willing to part with now so it is big enough. I did have to go get some black cotton- on sale- for sashing. I'm working on quite a few UFO's so don't plan on starting anything new in 2013 unless I use stash.