Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Grace speed control >

Grace speed control

Grace speed control

Old 03-03-2013, 05:54 AM

Default Grace speed control

I bought the frame and this came with it but no cord and I cannot find it as a replacement on the grace site can anyone help me? thanks. it also came with a stitch regulator but it will not work on my juki but the cords won't either.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

I would call the Grace company. 1-800-264-0644. They may not have the part listed on the site, but they should be able to get you one.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:25 AM

No knowing much about these things, I purchased off of ebay a Grace controller that I wanted to use on my new brother PQ1500s. Got it at a great price but when it came wouldn't work on my machine. I called Grace Company and they told me that you have to buy a controller made for your make/model of machine, they are not all universal. But some "are" interchangeable between certain makes and models because they have a series of "switches" inside the controller box that can be re-set to your machine. You would need the original instruction sheet that came with the controller to find out if you can re-set the switches on your model and have it be compatible with your machine. Check Grace Company's web site as they do have some information. As recommended above call them as they can tell you right away if the controller you have will work with your machine and if so perhaps they can give you instructions to re-set the switches inside. They also should be able to sell you any cords that you need. They were very very nice when I phoned them. Good luck!
Old 03-03-2013, 01:50 PM

The Grace company sent me a brochure on how to set up the stitch regulator on the frame etc. and one of the pages shows how to move the switches for which machine you are using.
If you need me to send you the pdf, please pm me with the make of your machine, I will check if it's listed.
They sent me the brochure free because I was asking about how to set up since I would have to order by mail, I do not have a dealer any where near me.
GEMRM
Old 10-04-2021, 07:16 PM

Default Grace speed control

hi I purchased a speed control but it's Missing instructions I have contracted Graceframes but aren't able to help with instructions...I have a Janome 6500p and when I plug the speed control in I get a error saying foot isn't plugged in ...can you.pkease send PDF of instructions as I have a feeling I may need to move the switches inside the box
regardsPhilip
Old 10-05-2021, 03:36 AM

When ordering speed controls and stitch regulators be aware that there are more than one brand of machine that offer different end plugs. You have to order the correct one to fit your machine. Mine is a Janome and has a 3 prong plug in. Other machines may only have a 2 prong plug in. I know this because the order fom from Grace is very specific in asking. Call Grace and explain the situation, you will have to return the incorrect ones, to get the new one.