Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bought myself some nice left handed scissors >

Bought myself some nice left handed scissors

Bought myself some nice left handed scissors

Old 03-19-2013, 10:25 AM

Default Bought myself some nice left handed scissors

I'm left handed. So when I found some left handed scissors I bought them up. Right handed scissors are really hard on my hand. I found them at Walmart for about $8.00. I went to use them and I can't. Apparently I have been using right handed scissors upside down for so long I don't know how to use left handed scissors.

Whenever I think I have it lined up on my cutting line I go to cut and it's either way below the line or way above the line. It really messes with my seam allowance. So I ended up going back to using right handed scissors upside down. When my husband asked me why I wasn't using my new scissors I just told him I was the Jimi Hendrix of the quilting world.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:31 AM

Ahh, I have a sister. I can't use Gingher true left handed scissors. Most LH scissors have just the handle switched - I love those, but a true LH pair with the blades switched doesn't work for me. My favorites are the Gingher lightweight with the black plastic handle. With a coupon at JoAnn's, they aren't too much. Mondial work well for me, too.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:24 PM

I laughed out loud, I am left handed as well and have always used scissors upside down, i didnt know they were upside down that is just how they work, I purchased a left handed per of Ginghers, and returned them, I couldnt cut with them to save my life. Glad to know im not only one. LOL
Old 03-19-2013, 12:32 PM

It's amazing how we left-handers adjust to a right-hand world .... then when we find products just for us, we have difficulty using them. We know we are the best!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Power Poster

Good for you!! I certainly can't get right handed scissors to work in my left hand.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

Most of mine are hand neutral but, I do have one pair of LHS that I put on my desk at work just to see the reaction of everyone that tries to use them with their right hand.
peace