Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I've lost my mojo! >

I've lost my mojo!

I've lost my mojo!

Old 04-22-2013, 01:55 PM

Default I've lost my mojo!

I was zipping right along for the past year getting quilts done. Up to 4 completed quilts. Now I am just fiddling around. Cleaning sewing machine, cleaning sewing room, organizing my little bit of stash. I have started things, but just can't seem to get motivated to finish. Has anyone else had this problem and what can I do about it??????
Old 04-22-2013, 02:05 PM

I'm seam to start new quilts. but can seam to get any done. so I'm no help. maybe somebody will have the fix for both of us.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

Oh gosh yes. Mr. Stitchripper has been having some health issues and I have totally gone off the quilting. First I couldn't even organize my stuff. I did find a vintage machine at the Good Will and had a little fun getting it oiled and cleaned, but never sewed with it. Months have gone by. Nothing inspires me but this board. But not enough to actually sew. I think it might be coming back, but I'm talking since maybe October. And I don't hold out much hope for the actual mojo returning any time soon. We need a club!!
Old 04-22-2013, 02:24 PM

Maybe you can find some helpful tips from this recent discussion.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...o-t218217.html
Old 04-22-2013, 02:25 PM

Give yourself permission to just "piddle around." Clean and organize your room, read the QB, troll the Internet, just do what you want! When I've lost my ambition it helps that I don't put pressure on myself to get back at it; we do this for fun don't we? When I get an inkling that I want to create something, I pick something small and quick like a little quilted coin purse or a tabletopper. I often just pick a block from quilters cache that I have never done before and make it. This way, I try out a new block and it keeps me from being committed to a project that I most likely wont complete. I just pick one that has an interesting name. http://quilterscache.com/
Old 04-22-2013, 02:41 PM

I know what you are going through. I was going gangbusters last fall and this past winter making 4 quilts. But just like someone threw my switch, I hit a stop and I could not seem to get motivated again. So I have spent the last month doing spring house cleaning and other projects. Now that I am almost finished I can feel that old quilting spark trying to re-ignite. I have been looking at my patterns and pictures and checking out my favorite on line fabric shops. I think we all need a little break once in a while no matter what we do. I think after a break we come back better and more energetic for what we love. I am sure you will be back quilting before you know it. Relax and don't worry, you are normal!
Old 04-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Power Poster

I have been through this......more than once. I just do other things till I feel like sewing again. I made 40 crocheted granny squares a few months ago. It will pass, and you will soon be quilting again.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:45 PM

Keep cleaning and straightening your sewing area - before you know it, it will be TOO clean and you will be dying to mess it up - happens to me all the time!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:55 PM

I thought that when I retired I would sew every day. It took me about 6 months before I finally went into my sewing room. Now you can't get me out of it. Just go with the flow - you will know when you're ready to get back into it.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 AM

Join the club, I am having the same problem. Got a quilt sandwiched ready for quilting but cannot get started. To top it off I have to have 2 quilts made by the 1st week in June, hope I can get started again.