Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Look what I save from the dumpster >

Look what I save from the dumpster

Look what I save from the dumpster

Old 06-03-2013, 11:42 AM

Default Look what I save from the dumpster

I seen a guy unloading a bunch of stop out of a house and throwing it all in a dumpster . Thier was a sewing cabinet . After driving around the block I got brave enough to stop and askwhat he was doing with the cabinet.

He was empting the house of stuff his formal tenants left behind. that the house was a mess and he was just duping everything. I asked if what he would want for it and he said " All I want is it to be out of my site".

Well I took him at his offer and he even helped me get iit oin the car. When I got it home hubby unloaded and to my surprise it still have everything except the cord for the wheel Even a tin with extra attachments. He needed cleaned up and I just used spray dust and wiped it down.

I'm so excited Rick went and got me a cord and is going to put it on the machine for me. Than I'll be pedaling my machine.

Know nothing about it but will try and do a search as soon as I can. Its a Newhome machine and have no idea how old or anything else. If anyone has any info would love to here it.
Debbie in Ohio
Attached Thumbnails 100_2475.jpg   100_2476.jpg   100_2477.jpg  
Old 06-03-2013, 12:01 PM

Looks like it's in great shape. The cabinet looks beautiful. Nice save!!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:19 PM

Great find! The price was perfect too! I'm so glad you stopped to ask that man about it so you could save it. It looks to be in excellent condition. You've put it in the perfect location, right in front of a window. Have you treadled a machine in the past? If not, you will be pleasantly surprised how relaxing it is. Once the machine and irons are oiled, cleaned, and moving freely they are so easy to treadle and I never feel like I am getting a workout (and, I am out of shape!). Treadling should be easy; if not, something needs oiled or cleaned or it just needs to be used more to get it moving freely again. (One of my machines (New Vertical Feed) is more difficult to treadle than all of the rest of them I own.) I don't know anything about a New Home so I can't help that way but if you need a manual I will bet that someone on this board can help with that.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Banned

Fantastic! great Save!
Old 06-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Power Poster

WOW! I know a happy girl!!! Enjoy pedaling.
peace
Old 06-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Power Poster

That is wonderful!!! BEautiful machine and cabinet. Enjoy! I love my treadle. It's fun.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Muv

It is a real gem - lucky you! You will be churning out a strip quilt before you know it.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:44 PM

WOW!I seriously gotta think about moveing out of the Lehigh valley pa area lol! I never find anything sewing related in thrift stores or yard sales like you all do and not much on craiglist anybody live in or around my area find good sewing items? maybe it's just me
Old 06-03-2013, 01:45 PM

It really ticks me off the guy could not have taken this to a charity resell store. This is a beautiful machine. I am always picking stuff up and taking it to Habitat for Humanity or Goodwill. I am very happy however that you were able to get it!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 02:07 PM

What a beautiful cabinet and machine. I am so glad that you were able to save it from a landfill.

Colleen