Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Breast Cancer Treasure Box >

Breast Cancer Treasure Box

Breast Cancer Treasure Box

Old 09-10-2007, 09:52 AM

One of the local stamp shops is offering a program where they are giving out matchbox "treasure box" kits. You can take a kit (or 2), decorate it however you like, put a 'treasure' inside & return it to the shop. Then next month all of the boxes will be put up for sale for $5 each, with the monies going to the Breast Health Fund at Pomona Valley Hospital.
I'm not a "stamper", but one of my friends that is showed me the flyer about the program. I decided that I could do a really mini quilt to decorate a box with! My little Flying Geese paper pieced quiltlet is approx 2" X 3-1/2". I used Fray Stop on the edges & glued it to the box with an acid-free glue stick. I covered the inside with some pink ribbon fabric. For the 'treasure' I made a pink & turquoise glass bead bracelet with a butterfly charm. I also put a few 3D stickers in too.
It was fun - after the paper-piecing starting frustration (since I haven't PP'd for a couple months)!! I'm going to turn it in today & get another kit to do. One little way to help out...
:D
I don't understand why the photos are so dark...and it won't let me edit them. If you click on "download" under the pics, you can see them much better....

Glass bead bracelet "treasure"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]63712[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-48951.jpe   attachment-53900.jpe   attachment-63707.jpe  
Old 09-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Power Poster

What an wonderful program to participate in! Your mini quilt is just precious as is the bracelet :D You are AWESOME :D :D :D
Old 09-10-2007, 10:08 AM
lin

What a wonderful cause for you to contribute to and it was really sweet of you to do that. Wow, that is a tiny little block covering the box!! Good job. It's darling and the bracelet is beautiful. Good for you!! :)
Old 09-10-2007, 10:11 AM

That is such a thoughtful and nice thing to do! You are very talented too :D
Old 09-10-2007, 10:16 AM

What a wonderful idea, kudos to the person who thought of it and people like you who are doing it.......its something all can help with :D
Old 09-10-2007, 10:48 AM

Ahhh shucks! :oops: Thanks everyone.
We all have been affected by breast cancer in some way, and since it seems the biggest fund raisers are run/walks & that's not something I do much, I was thrilled to find this way to help. :D
Old 09-10-2007, 03:58 PM

Beautiful, Sue, as I knew they would be. Sure am going to tell my friend that is big in the cancer walks and organization about these. Maybe we can get them to do something like that here so that I can participate in that way. I can't walk anymore either.

Sharon