Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Judy Niemeyer Quilts >

Judy Niemeyer Quilts

Judy Niemeyer Quilts

Old 07-01-2013, 09:54 AM

Default Judy Niemeyer Quilts

Hello from Texas Everyone. I have never seen anything about Judy Niemeyer quilts on this forum. I recently took 2 classes and am in love with it. I made a mistake and jumped right in to the Wedding Ring Star. Last week the certified instructor, Denise, offered a beginners class which I took and it all come together. I was just wondering how many of you are into this and if you are having problems how do you solve them. I think I have made every mistake that can be made but I don't stress about it, Denise says one day things will just click. I wish it would hurry, I love doing this. It's so accurate just sewing on the lines. A big thank you to Denise and all the Ladies at Pin Wheels & Posies, that my happy place and favorite place to just hang out and get inspiration. I take as many classes as my budget and time allows. Thanks to all you nice ladies for the good information, pictures and tutorials.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

​I am pretty sure that there have been some of her patterns done and posted on QB.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Power Poster

for one thing, check her site online for error corrections. they are there. I just bought a circle quilt pattern (turned out to be a tree skirt actually) and there were several pages of corrections. most frustrating!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:14 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Oh yeah, there have been many, many posts and pictures of Judy N quilts on this board!! I say kudos to the gals who make them!!

Jan in VA
Old 07-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

Both Pittsburgh Pam and myself are currently making Judy's pattern Agave Garden. Pam has posted pictures in progress.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t222747.html
I have not. Pam changed the color way, I am making it close as I can to the original. It sounds like you may be new to paper piecing. Of course, Judy's patterns are PP on steroids! LOL. Agave Garden is my first Judy Niemeyer pattern but I also bought the feathered star wallhanging. I may or may not add to it to make it bedsize.

the Wedding ring star one is gorgeous but not for the faint of heart! LOL
Old 07-01-2013, 12:31 PM

I also took a class on making her quilts back in 2009. Loved it was my first time to do paper piecing. Here is picture it was not quilted at the time just a completed top. I believe I gave it to my sister do not have a picture of it quilted though It was her pattern " Quilt of Thorns". I sold a couple of her patterns I had as someone was looking for some.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]422111[/ATTACH]
I have 4 more of her patterns but have so many UFO's I hate to start anything else right now. I still have " The." Feathered Goose", " Briar Patch", " North American Bear Paw", " Goosberry Garden." She has some really nicce news available that are calling my name but have too many patterns now waiting to be made
Attached Thumbnails quilts-i-have-made-014.jpg  
Old 07-01-2013, 01:10 PM

I am working on Sea Urchins at the moment, I love the way it is coming together. I would like to do Cactus Rose next
[ATTACH=CONFIG]422129[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_6032.jpg  
Old 07-01-2013, 01:36 PM

Love the border on Quilt of Thorns, Christine!

I am currently working on Briar Patch. It's actually going along quite well. Another Judy Niemeyer certified instructor is speaking/teaching for our guild in September...not sure if I'm going to go or not yet. I hear she's excellent.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by qbtexas View Post
Love the border on Quilt of Thorns, Christine!

I am currently working on Briar Patch. It's actually going along quite well. Another Judy Niemeyer certified instructor is speaking/teaching for our guild in September...not sure if I'm going to go or not yet. I hear she's excellent.
Thank you. Briar Patch is the one my youngest wants me to make. PP is addicting and time consuming in the beginning but the end results are so worth it. My guild needs to do that so many people are afraid of PP. Would love to see your completed top or quilt when you get it done
Old 07-01-2013, 04:19 PM
mim

I am working on the handquilting of Judy's feathered star. I will post a pix as soon as I can get to a place where I can photo it. I love the end result, but was ready to tear my hair out while I was putting it together. Your pix are all lovely

Mim