Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along >

"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Old 08-11-2013, 12:16 PM

I got the five patterns, were there anymore?
Old 08-11-2013, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
Here is the direct link: http://www.quiltingonthesquare.com/s...urenglish.aspx

Or you can go to the home page: www.quiltingonthesquare.com and click on "BOM" at the top. Then scroll to the bottom and click on "Free Foundation Paper Pieced Blocks" and click on "click here for free blocks"

If neither of these work, PM me your email and I would be happy to send them to you that way.

**Just re-read your post and the downloading is the issue not finding the blocks. Can you just print the blocks from the site? Or are you having trouble opening the link to see the blocks? They are a PDF.
Thank you Carrie, The link worked but the patterns wouldn't download for me. I used google chrome this time and it worked just fine, so I got 5 patterns.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:29 PM

Rosyhf, no, there are no more patterns yet.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:30 PM

absolutely love your fabric Belfrybat
Old 08-11-2013, 01:46 PM

So many lovely colors, you all have chosen, makes me really looking forward to what you create with those lovely colors. Like waiting for birthdays, Christmas, and terrific holidays, eventually they come.

Loved the 'chicken' quilt. You are very talented in quilting and putting together a great colorful quilt. Have you heard of Florine Johnson's designs set of the Radical Rooster: Ralph, Rob Roy, Rock, Rascal, Rupert and Rowdy? She lives at Clarkesville, GA. I found her patterns in Colorado Springs, Co. I think she has more out now.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:24 PM

Such a beautiful selection of fabric Belfrybat, can't wait to see blocks created with this rainbow of delight

I have resisted "playing" with these blocks, will definitely not start until September, have to get a few more projects either out of the way or close to finish. Working on a machine embroidered Raggedy Ann and Andy quilt that has to be finished in 3 weeks and while that is stitching away trying to put together a Jelly Roll quilt, have had the pattern and the fabric for over a year so time to get it done.

So off to the sewing cave I go hi ho hi ho
Old 08-11-2013, 04:18 PM

OK QuiltE ... consider my arm twisted. I'm in.

I considered the size of the blocks and while I'm not making a quilt, and I won't make all of the blocks ... I'll be making most of them. I need 6 for placemats and either 2 or 3 for a runner. And yes, I'll be making all different blocks (who said place mates have to be the same?).

So HELLO everyone!! (waving furiously)

Have met a bunch of you before on QuiltE's FFQFFC project/thread (whatever it's called .. QuiltE is determined to send me to an acronym challenged support group). And I've worked with a few others on the Just Takes Two BOM that I did not finish.

Will post my fabric choices later. Basically ... rich browns, gold tones and red with a splash of light green, all of the fabrics have gold metallic in them.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:37 PM

just found this site and I would love to join in. I belong to a small group called 'paper dolls' and we met once a month and work on our PP projects. I have not opened the site for the patterns yet but can't wait to see all the different patterns.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:37 PM

OK ... fabric selection.

Looking at the photo, I may not be able to use the large plaid at the top left, or the green print at the very bottom. I think the print is too large. Will see ... I really don't like fussy cutting when PP, I always get it wrong!!!

You can't tell from the way the light is hitting it, but the small print at the bottom (under the green floral) has the same light green in it as the large green floral.

Pic below in both color and B&W so I can study value.
Attached Thumbnails img_2277.jpg   img_2276.jpg  
Old 08-11-2013, 05:46 PM

Welcome Nelco, this is my first sew along too, but I love pp'ing.

QuiltingNinaSue; I looked at those roosters, they are gorgeous, I'll have to buy them one a month, maaking another Chicken quilt is very inviting, my sis will love it.

DHMom, I love your fall colors, won't let my son see your blocks, or he'll want me to do him one in autumn colors.

Last edited by kwiltkrazy; 08-11-2013 at 05:49 PM.