Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along >

"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Old 08-10-2013, 09:24 PM

ooohh beautiful fabric Kwiltkrazy, love your main print and your Chicken quilt is beautiful
Old 08-11-2013, 01:48 AM

The quilt is a BOM fron fatcat patterns.com. Yes I did the quilting myself, learned it all from Leah Day-website Daystyledesigns.com. I practiced on 11" potholders. I have had the focus fabric forever, and just went through my stash trying to find things to go with it. I think that I will have to change out the yellow, doesn't seem saturated enough, and the light blue also. Thank you for the compliments on the quilt, I had a ball making it.

One question, do we need to have the first two done by sept. 3rd or by the end of the month?
Old 08-11-2013, 02:10 AM

Kwiltkrazy, your funky chicks quilt is beautiful. Didn't know you made that quilt too. Mine is still in the UFO pile. The top is ready, now the rest

You don't need to have anything done by September 3rd But when you want to follow the scedule: the first is due September 3rd, the second September 17th. Falling behind is ok though, we do that all the time!
The fabrics you have are beautiful! !
Old 08-11-2013, 02:37 AM

Being September is the startup, anytime from the 3rd to the 16th would be fine ..I guess...some of us seem to do better with deadlines..
Old 08-11-2013, 02:40 AM

CindyA, save yourself .88 cents and get the Doodle pad from Dollar Tree...that's if there's one in your area...
Old 08-11-2013, 03:41 AM

QuiltE the Black Fusions is #5573, I think it was the first one that came out, not sure though...
Old 08-11-2013, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

A further clarification to what others have posted to answer KwiltKrazy's question ....

If you don't do the September blocks til November, you post to the September thread!

Likewise, if one works ahead, and let's say does the November blocks, now, they do not post them, til the November thread is posted in November.

About PP Paper ... I don't keep separate paper for PPing. Instead I use regular copier paper, with a preference to coloured paper. When PPIng, I shorten the stitching waaaaaaaay down, and I don't have any problems getting the paper to come off. Sometimes it comes off too early, so I just put a band-aid on (aka painter's tape) to hold it in place til I am ready for it to come off. I can iron over it, with no meltdowns, that you get if using scotch tape.

MiraB ... oh I like that line too. Love the shimmer effect it gives. Guess Kaufman's weren't quite so creative and just gave that line, a #. It gets so confusing with so many different lines of Fusions, within the Fusions!

Last edited by QuiltE; 08-11-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:45 AM

I would like to do the blocks but anytime I go to download it says the page can't be displayed. Is anyone having this problem? I don't have a problem with any other webpage so I know it's not my computer.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:53 AM

Here is the direct link: http://www.quiltingonthesquare.com/s...urenglish.aspx

Or you can go to the home page: www.quiltingonthesquare.com and click on "BOM" at the top. Then scroll to the bottom and click on "Free Foundation Paper Pieced Blocks" and click on "click here for free blocks"

If neither of these work, PM me your email and I would be happy to send them to you that way.

**Just re-read your post and the downloading is the issue not finding the blocks. Can you just print the blocks from the site? Or are you having trouble opening the link to see the blocks? They are a PDF.

Last edited by carriem; 08-11-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:54 AM

Anael; yes, I love fatcat's patterns, both mu sister and I did it, and now we are doing the owls. We have a ball, she is not a quilter, but she really enjoys doing the blocks, and I put the rest of hers together, she doesn't like any quilting, but stitch in the ditch, and I love lots of quilting. I saw your quilt last month, I think, it was beautiful. I named my quilt CHICKEN ALLY(not spelled wrong, it's named after my soon-to-be DDIL), AND THE CHICKEN WHISPERER, because chickens follow my son around all over the place. It's comical.