Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Finished my second block today, which is actually block #1 in the series. So I'll be ready to post a finished block on Sept 3.

there was a while there as it was still in progress when I thought I wasn't going to like the placement of the fabrics I chose, but once I was done I was quite pleased with the end result.

Picked my fabric choices for the next block which will be the May block (Cactus Rose).
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Oooh more pretty fabrics!
    And oh my, I will be holding the rear for sure lol. A dear friend lost her husband and a friendship quilt for her takes priority..so until I finish that I'll be watching from the sidelines and cheering you all on!
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

I have ta comment on the "Mommy Dearest." #2DSon has a very dry sense o' humor. He has called me "Mommy Dearest" for most o' his life. LOL He has done it so long that now it is a term o' endearment.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Quote Originally Posted by candi View Post
    Oooh more pretty fabrics!
    And oh my, I will be holding the rear for sure lol. A dear friend lost her husband and a friendship quilt for her takes priority..so until I finish that I'll be watching from the sidelines and cheering you all on!
    Oh Candi will ya be workin' on it at the retreat? I'm so sorry for your DFriend.
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    Oh Candi will ya be workin' on it at the retreat? I'm so sorry for your DFriend.
    I may a little..but she'll be there lol so don't want her to see me working on it. I am gonna send you a message.
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Thanks for the message Candi. I'm glad ta know who ya meant. Ya could do some o' your Spike blocks there if ya aren't so busy talkin' Like I probably will be. LOL
    Bev

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    I have ta comment on the "Mommy Dearest." #2DSon has a very dry sense o' humor. He has called me "Mommy Dearest" for most o' his life. LOL He has done it so long that now it is a term o' endearment.
    Bev, that made me laugh, when my two were little and they wanted something really really badly it was "Mommy Darling Dearest" and sometimes it sneaks in today also

QuiltE no need to apologise, I knew what you meant
    Karen

Iwant to be a ‘Spiker’, too ! ! ! ! I love, love, love PPing. And I’m also a‘CHUNKY HACKER’; someday I will take all the snips & bits to make a huge queen size Bonnie Hunter Crumb Cake.

My color scheme is the rainbow (solids) sprinkled with an array of batiks, & white muslin as the background.

This scheme is wwwaaayyy out of my box: (1) I NEVER EVER USE WHITE ANYTHING; (2) I never use SOLIDS – my projects usually contain tonals/tone-on-tone ‘solids’ that have some ‘movement’ to them; (3) BLACK isn’t just my favorite color, it’s my signature & is used as the background for ALL my quilts.

Here are my selections with a few batik samples. Hope my picture comes out OK; it looked HUMONGOUS on the preview page - it's my first time uploading to this site.

This is gonna be fun . . . GP

Attached Images Attached Images
    Create A Great Day ! ! ! !
    MQB-3 / RAB-2 / Booms 11 & 13 / Projects
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members/groovy-pieces-u129541-albums.html

Beautiful! With that color palette, your blocks are going to be outstanding! Welcome to the group of Spikers!!

OHHHHHHHHHHH what gorgeous fabrics Caroline and Groovy Pieces!
    Great to see our group is still growing
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Groovy Pieces, I'd say your fabrics are groovy!!! They look beautiful. You remind me of me a little. I rarely use solid fabrics I love prints and tone on tone fabrics too. I rarely choose pastels but have to force myself to purchase them at times.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Woweeee!!!! All I can say is "I can't wait to see all the beautiful blocks" come September...

Blog Entries
    GP- wow, absoltely lucious! can't wait to see the blocks.

Welcome Groovy! Your fabric is so colorful, they will work up into a really wonderful quilt. How fun!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Hi all
    Havn't been on here since I joined up here. Looks like we have a great group with fab fabrics picked. I check in with the Dr on the 6th and will know then when I can pick up on my sewing. I am looking forward to that day, I have withdrawal big time. wish me luck that the shoulder is commimg along well enough to join in before to long.
    Gail

I'm gonna have a ball wachin' ya'll along this "trail." Some evenin's I start thinkin' that I can join but a full day o' movin' like taday & I realize that it can't be done. LOL
    Here is my new sewin' room as o' right now.

Name:  House on Sentinel progress pict #43.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  60.1 KB
    Bev

At least the chair is empty Set up your machine, grab some fabric and join us
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Looks like you are going to have some wonderful space fow quilting Bev. Hey, you can always join us later when you are finished emptying boxes.

Sweet Caroline

I can even see a shelf to stack the spike fabric! oh come on Bev! you know you want too!!!
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

Just move that box with your SYE fabric closer to the chair and sewing machine and dive right in with us.

Bet you will not end up yelling "Whoa!" to your sewing machine like I did the other day. I forgot about the foot pedal, and was using the 'go' button that would not stop!! Laughing at my stupid error!

Blog Entries
    I have my (2) September blocks made, hanging on my design wall so I can look at them every day as I finish up my last commission quilt- (finished appliqueing the final borders today- just need to attach them, applique around the corners, then get it quilted & bound) I followed *loosely* with the colors on the patterns- with a light blue swirly pretty background where the yellow is on the originals- they turned out oh so pretty! this is going to be such a great project! for the blocks i'm using scraps- mostly batiks, but some others included too....excited for the day to show the first blocks- the GREAT thing about these 'sew alongs' are seeing everyones blocks- they always turn out so different and so spectacular!!! i'm excited.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    I have my (2) September blocks made, hanging on my design wall so I can look at them every day as I finish up my last commission quilt- (finished appliqueing the final borders today- just need to attach them, applique around the corners, then get it quilted & bound) I followed *loosely* with the colors on the patterns- with a light blue swirly pretty background where the yellow is on the originals- they turned out oh so pretty! this is going to be such a great project! for the blocks i'm using scraps- mostly batiks, but some others included too....excited for the day to show the first blocks- the GREAT thing about these 'sew alongs' are seeing everyones blocks- they always turn out so different and so spectacular!!! i'm excited.

I agree! I'm lookin' forward ta seein' all the blocks ya'll do.
    Bev

Hey Ya'll I still have 60 or so PC blocks ta do & about 20 or more other UFO's. I'll just make PC blocks & look at your Spike blocks.
    Bev

We will miss seeing YOUR blocks though, Dublb!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Ya'll are just too sweet. I feel wanted.

Ya'll keep tellin' me that my chair is empty, but that isn't my sewin' chair. It is t'ward the back near the sewin' machines & it has a box in it. LOL
    Last edited by dublb; 08-25-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    Bev

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast