Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
This one made me dizzy Izy!!!! >

This one made me dizzy Izy!!!!

This one made me dizzy Izy!!!!

Old 07-19-2009, 09:18 AM

Beautifully awesome!! I bought a large fat quarter pack of the Bistro line when I traveled through Paducah, Ky last fall (Can't go through Paducah and not stop at the Mega Hancock's store). It has just been sitting in my stash waiting for inspiration of what to do with it. I'd like to make a wall hanging for my kitchen. Love it :thumbup:
Old 07-19-2009, 05:47 PM

Awesome job Izy!! They are going to love it! Your designing talent is showing again!!!! You really should write your own book with all of them. Great to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you!!
Old 07-20-2009, 03:05 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by Izy
Yes Katie, it was abit of jigsaw puzzle really, I just joined up as many sub sections as I could and had about 3 or 4 insets but all told it went together reasonably easy all considering it was just scribbled on a piece of paper lol!! :D
This is another fabulouse Izy creation. I just have to know, how you go about deciding, where to put your blocks? Do you get fabrics, and then just make blocks, that you like, and then put them on design wall, and rearrange until you are pleased?
Please tell me the secret to your creative genius. Inquiring minds want to know, Izy. pweeeeeeze??? :D
In this occasion I did buy the fabrics first...then hummmed and hahhhed for ages on the design, Then I just started making up the blocks THEN wondered how the heck I was going to put them together and how many..so doodled on a pad starting with the finished size and then just filled in the squares some up some down, little circles here and there and tah dah!! It evolved lol!! Not much more than that really. I had to clear our the spare room to give me enough floor space to lay out the blocks and play around with the layout for a few hours, then I took pictures to remind me when I picked up each mini section to remind me what went where.....does this make any sense???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Thanks everyone again for your great comments. I have quilted it now, and had to resort to in the ditch then cross hatch at 4" . I have done a scrappy binding with no borders as there is enough going on. I Had big hopes of doing some fancy quilting...BUT after fighting with it for 2 hours, soon realised that this quilt is just tooo big to squeeze through my little Janome 9000!!

:D :D
Old 07-20-2009, 05:09 AM

Holy cow, Izy. I missed this post. What a fantastic quilt. You did a fabulous job. Make it up as you go?????????? WOW! You are talented. The theme and the colors are great.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:42 AM
Izy

Thanks Jacque!! I wish I could have let you loose on it, it would have been spectacular then :D
Old 07-22-2009, 10:13 AM

Awesome quilt. You sure give inspiration to this beginner....I hope to be as talented as several of the people on this board....Thanks to all for the pics and tutorials and the INSPIRATION..........
Old 07-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Power Poster

thank you so much for the info Izy. I do love to draw and doodle...I do it constantly. Your inspiring me to actually do something with them. I see patterns I like, and then when I go to messing and gauming on ppr, which I just have to do....I always end up with something of my own.
Might as well, go for it, huh?
Your so inspirational, we should call you one of our mentors :wink:
Old 07-23-2009, 02:17 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by tslowery
Awesome quilt. You sure give inspiration to this beginner....I hope to be as talented as several of the people on this board....Thanks to all for the pics and tutorials and the INSPIRATION..........
This gladdens my heart no end!! I love to hear that beginners are inspired by me, as I was with all the talent here on the board, my motto....Just go for it and get over each little hurdle as you come to it, that way it never seems too daunting :D
Old 07-23-2009, 02:18 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
thank you so much for the info Izy. I do love to draw and doodle...I do it constantly. Your inspiring me to actually do something with them. I see patterns I like, and then when I go to messing and gauming on ppr, which I just have to do....I always end up with something of my own.
Might as well, go for it, huh?
Your so inspirational, we should call you one of our mentors :wink:
Canīt wait to see what you come up with, just let those juices flow Cheryl :lol: :lol: :D
Old 07-23-2009, 02:23 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hi Izy! So great to 'see' you around! Sorry, i missed this - WOW! You are so great as these 'back of an envelope' designs! I would have been scared silly to try and use that fabric and do it justice but i love it! The circles are fantastic - like coffee cups? I don't know, the design just 'fits' with the whole theme and the colours. I'm rambling, not very articulate today! (Am I ever?! :mrgreen: ) - Hope you get me my friend! anyway, I love it, did I say that?! :D