Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Need help identifying White Family Rotary Electric >

Need help identifying White Family Rotary Electric

Need help identifying White Family Rotary Electric

Old 08-30-2013, 10:21 AM

Default Need help identifying White Family Rotary Electric

Here is my original posting from last week.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...c-t228613.html

I picked up the machine yesterday. It is rough. Some rust, most noticeably on one set of hinges under the motor. Needs new wiring for the light. Don't know about the motor. DH will have to look at that. What looked like rust on the machine was old shellac. Took my trusty TR3 and started on one spot. That spot cleaned up nicely. Will put new veneer on the top and refinish the rest.

Need some info on it. Last patent date 1913. Once I know what it is, I will need to find a manual. I haven't figured out how to get the bobbin out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433168[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]433172[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]433170[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]433171[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 01-100_6024.jpg   07-100_6030.jpg   06-100_6029.jpg   02-100_6025.jpg  
Old 08-30-2013, 12:27 PM

Hi,
For a free manual for your machine go to www.ismacs.net/white/home.html
scan down and click on manual.. Be patient as it takes a while for the manual PDF to load. It's I think 26 pages. It will also show a picture and description of how to get out the bobbin case. I have the same machine except it is in a treadle cabinet, so if you have any other questions, let me know.
Judy
Old 08-30-2013, 01:13 PM

Just found the Model number: 3 FR 3216661. DH just got the machine out of the cabinet. Hinges behind the machine were pretty rusted. Lovely mouse nest in the bottom of the machine. Lots, and lots of grasses. Did get the bobbin out. Motor's not froze up. Found a list of model numbers. It's after 1923. The numbers progress at about 1,000,000 per year. So forwarding 2,000,000 makes it somewhere in the 1925-26 range. Anyone have any better info.
Thanks
Old 08-30-2013, 03:10 PM
Power Poster

I don't know a thing about your machine. I just want to say I think the heading for this subject is hilarious.
peace

Edit: let me explain. When seeing the thread on the home page all that shows is

"Need help identifying White family". I knew without looking it was about a machine but......

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-15-2019 at 01:35 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 08-30-2013, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
I don't know a thing about your machine. I just want to say I think the heading for this subject is hilarious.
peace

"Need help identifying White family". I knew without looking it was about a machine but......
I didn't look at it on the home page. I guess I'm just toooooo long winded for the headings. Your're right, it's funny.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-15-2019 at 01:35 AM. Reason: edit quote to match OP
Old 08-30-2013, 04:37 PM
KLO

There is one of these machines advertised on my local CL list and they say it is a Martha Washington style cabinet. Wondered if that is true? I was fascinated by the cabinet (machine may or may not work) but just don't have the room until I get my sewing room built.

Just Googled it and it appears that this cabinet is a Martha Washington cabinet.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:49 PM

Default I think Martha's was a fancier model!

Originally Posted by KLO View Post
There is one of these machines advertised on my local CL list and they say it is a Martha Washington style cabinet. Wondered if that is true? I was fascinated by the cabinet (machine may or may not work) but just don't have the room until I get my sewing room built.

Just Googled it and it appears that this cabinet is a Martha Washington cabinet.
I just bought a machine just like yours! Same White and same table, so I'm really following this thread.
Yes and we do have a Martha Washington tale. There is a lot of info. on the internet.
What is so interesting about this table is that the machine pops up when you open the top!

The machine came with just about every thing except the bobbin case and I am having a hard time finding one.
I found one a couple of weeks ago, and it really sews smooth. I really like these old Whites. I think you will love it.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
peace

I saw that, too, and had to click on it!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-15-2019 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:41 AM

My ex had White as a surname in her family history. She got interesting looks when she talked aobut the White side of her family.

Love these old rotaries .One of my perpetual goals is to find a handcrank for one. ( without resorting to auction sites.)

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-18-2019 at 02:50 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 02-19-2019, 09:50 AM

That is the serial number. The machine is a White FR.
Contact Katie Farmer and she will provide more specifics. Provide picture and serial number. [email protected]

OR write to her on ISMACS< but you will have to provide pictures on independent site or via email to her.