Squirrel!

Old 09-06-2013, 09:41 AM

Default Squirrel!

I'm sure that NONE of you can relate to what I am about to say. My son has ADHD and today I have to admit that he comes by it honestly. I decided this morning to go into my sewing room and "get a lot accomplished". Bear in mind I have 50 UFO's, 6 BOM's, 8 quilt tops waiting to be sandwiched, and two baby quilts to start for customers. I got in here shortly after 7:00 (PST) this morning. Well, of course I had to read the QB posts. After that I looked around and tried to figure out what to do next. Then, just like the dog in the movie "Up" - SQUIRREL! I went in, pulled out a bunch of flannels and started making receiving blankets! What the heck - that wasn't even on the list!!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:12 AM

I love it when that happens........makes me happy to be spontaneous

delma
Old 09-06-2013, 11:03 AM

Well, that reduces the pile of the stash!! Right. Sewing at anything would be great right now -- unfortunately cleaning up after pulling out half my stash is in order.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:19 AM

At least you accomplished something!
Old 09-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Power Poster

Hey, you can't ignore a great idea!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:14 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I can SO relate with you!!

Currently the biggest problem in my studio is the piles of "stuff" sitting around on the floor, in front of other 'things' I need to get to, and that are there because I wanted to "start something else" before I took time to sort, organize, and put away what I was previously working on -- and still need to get back to.

The piles are/were neat but over many weeks have been pushed, picked through, and moved elsewhere, and are NOT pretty! I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed by the "MESS"! But I want the distraction of creation rather than the 'peace' of cleaning toward organization right now.

Jan in VA
Old 09-07-2013, 03:19 AM

This made me laugh! Oh how I can relate. It sounds like something I might do if I were a little down or depressed about something...........just tackle something new and different, and it will all go away! Never mind all that other stuff waiting to be done!
Old 09-07-2013, 05:09 AM

This is EXACTLY where I am right now, and a trip away from home is looming...so need to get it cleaned up. And what am I doing? HA! Obviously, I am procrastinating by being right here on QB! Why is it so hard to get things done?
Old 09-07-2013, 05:13 AM

Yep, that is me, I spend all week planning what I will do on the weekend in my sewing room. Get in the room and decide I am "not in the mood" to work on the plan. Go with the flow, just follow where your creativity leads you. This is a hobby

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
The piles are/were neat but over many weeks have been pushed, picked through, and moved elsewhere, and are NOT pretty! I'm beginning to feel overwhelmed by the "MESS"! But I want the distraction of creation rather than the 'peace' of cleaning toward organization right now.

Jan in VA
Jan, My sewing room was like that too, I had all the tools for organizing but everytime i went in there to start organizing, I ended up making a new quilt top

I finally called a friend, told her the problem and asked her if she would come over and keep me on track. she was great! We knocked out the whole room and it is so nice. Was a great day visiting with a friend, and she even walked home with 6 LARGE bags of stash I didnt want anymore.

So to quote a famous TV show...........use a lifeline and call a friend
Old 09-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

Oh can I relate, it must be something in the water, lol