Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

can't wait to see what kind of retreat ornaments are made. I spent weeks looking for different types of ornaments. it's a problem I seem to have every time I join a swap. I spend hours on the net surfing for new or different designs.

now Kiffie... he's watching a game within a game and get this, sleeping with the remote in his hand. whenever I try to get it he wakes up and say,"i w as resting my eyes till the action picked up", or i'm just waiting for the commercial( what commercial???) to be over. i'm missing some good stuff on a&e or history, or just normal tv. of course, the kitty is sleeping on my epp project i'm trying to work on.. what's next, the football/quilting apocalypse???
Old 10-06-2013, 11:03 AM

Grann of 6,
Just read your comment about your neighbor guy could be keeping you company...have to tell ya it gave me a lil giggle..you go girl! Nice of you to offer your needle punch equip! Owlvamp, maybe you should take her up on it! I have one, or I would be seeing if Grann and I could do a swapperoo...have to try and give something back in trade

Mooretll,
Have fun at the retreat! I haven't ever been to one...just not many close by me...

Lynnie,
Just picturing your sleeping, er "eyes resting" hubby had me laughing. I hate to say this...don't hold it against me in our "tales of woe to get that darling lil orny competition", but my dh is over at our son's house, watching their beloved Packers in son's surround sound den on his big screen... Mom has her own "end" on our house, with her livingroom and tv. So I am all by my lonesome in dh and my part...boohoo...WooHoo!!!. I did get my flu shot yesterday, and each year it sends me to a "loopy flare" (lupus), so it's not all great here, if that helps any...
Happy but still feeling "woe for Lynnie",
Kif
Old 10-06-2013, 11:16 AM

Thanks Kiffie. Just FYI, we are both widowed. His Wife had become my BFF till she got brain cancer and asked me one day, "Take care of Jackie." I said yes, I would see that he ate properly, and kept the house clean. She said, "No, I want you to "Take care of Jackie". So I am trying to hold up my end of the bargain. But he prefers fishing, hunting, tennis, bowling, football, baseball..... I only get attention when there are no sports on TV. So when I hear you gals complain about your husbands, I just have to say...at least you have one.

I still haven't gotten down to see if I still have that needle punch thingie. Am trying to do some new stuff with the long arm. I am trying to get beyond a simple meander. Have only had the machine 3 years so am finally getting ambitious.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Power Poster

don't get me wrong ladies, I've got the greatet dh in the world. he's snoring now in front of the game with his grubby little fingers wrapped around that remote, o m g, he snored so loud he woke himself, i'm here lmao over it, and he's got no idea why!!!! of course he reached out for the remote. he offered to watch in the bedroom, but we have the big screen and recliner for him!!!! and his remote. I should make a football remote holder. great idea for the holidays!!!!. also just made 5 tissue holders for breast cancer while he was snoring the day away.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:05 PM

Ladies, I still have the little punch tool, in its original packaging, with instructions included. I bought it at KMart for $1.97, there is even a spare needle for it. The first one who PMs me gets it. I will gift it to you in a padded envelope.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:09 PM

Lynnie,I know what you mean about your DH. Mine used to watch reruns of old TV shows (Rod Serling, Alfred Hitchcock), and if I asked him what had happened while I was out of the room, he would tell me to stop leaving and I would know what happened. Mind you, I had 4 young kids at the time, and had rarely seen the reruns the first time, let alone the rerun. Men are one of those "things" you can't live with, but you can't live without, either.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:52 PM

Kiffie if you ever get a chance to go to one it is a blast! This will be my third one there are usually between 25 to 50 ladies and what knowledge some of them have. will show pics of my daughters quilt top when I get back I hope to finish it while I am there. but as for football I am just as bad or worse than most men. I love collage football and am a diehard SEMINOLE. we will play while I am at the retreat and I will be in the bar watching it. lol
Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Grann of 6,
Just read your comment about your neighbor guy could be keeping you company...have to tell ya it gave me a lil giggle..you go girl! Nice of you to offer your needle punch equip! Owlvamp, maybe you should take her up on it! I have one, or I would be seeing if Grann and I could do a swapperoo...have to try and give something back in trade

Mooretll,
Have fun at the retreat! I haven't ever been to one...just not many close by me...

Lynnie,
Just picturing your sleeping, er "eyes resting" hubby had me laughing. I hate to say this...don't hold it against me in our "tales of woe to get that darling lil orny competition", but my dh is over at our son's house, watching their beloved Packers in son's surround sound den on his big screen... Mom has her own "end" on our house, with her livingroom and tv. So I am all by my lonesome in dh and my part...boohoo...WooHoo!!!. I did get my flu shot yesterday, and each year it sends me to a "loopy flare" (lupus), so it's not all great here, if that helps any...
Happy but still feeling "woe for Lynnie",
Kif
Old 10-06-2013, 03:26 PM

Anyone have their names yet. Just wondering.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Power Poster

names not till the 10th, what a l o n g w a I t.
like waiting for Christmas when you're 5 yrs. old.
made a few more things for the breast cancer auction we have next sunday. made beaded magnets and scrunchies and tissue holders to add to the potholder, pinkicicles, mirrors and whatever else I can think of.
have a great night all, will prob ck in later to see if anyone posted anything good.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:49 PM

Love hearing about all the things y'all all are making/made today! I got lots of cleaning done...yet when I look around you can't tell a thing is different! Sigh... Grann, you with your long arming sounds like me with my "new" machine.. I even tell myself I can't believe it takes me so long to "get acquainted" with some of my new toys!
Agreed Lynnie..my hubby is awesome! Waaaay nicer than I am. I know you're teasing about him and his "remote holding, eye resting, not sleeping, no way self". Same with me. Hubby and I are always joking around with each other.. I can honestly say I love him more than the day we married..we were both so young I'm not sure I even knew what love was! Good thing I had time to "mature a lil" before I got "baby fever" and convinced hubby he had it, too..lol.
Mooretll, you will have to share all of your fun with us when you get back from the retreat! I have to tell you my Mom also loves football..she's been known to jump up and run in place (a much slower jump with help from her push button lift recliner/and a jog these days..lol) while yelling when her "beloved" Dallas Cowboys are playing! You and she would have a grand time watching football!
Take care all,
Kif