Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What will you never do again in your sewing/quilting room? >

What will you never do again in your sewing/quilting room?

Old 10-03-2013, 11:18 AM

about 6 weeks ago, I went into my sewing room, barefooted, to reach around the corner for something with just the hall light on.. and WHAM ~~ caught my pinky toe, on the cabinet.. and broke it..
that will teach me, for sewing at midnight.. speaking of which, where are my slippers..
Old 10-03-2013, 11:29 AM

These stories are great! I don't have any "never again" stories for mine yet....I just wish it was BIGGER. It's the largest spare room in the house and it's just too small (it's barely 10x10, so "largest spare room" is still pretty small). I tried to convince my husband that I should have the master bedroom as my sewing room but that didn't work, LOL. I guess my "never again" is "never buy a house that doesn't have a BIG extra bedroom"! Some day I want a long arm but I need to buy a bigger house before I can buy one!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:54 AM

I learned last week not to step in the house dripping wet and remove my shoes at the door and then I guess the water was running down my legs because second step onto the wood floors had me flying through the air and bruised my kneecap and inflamed my sciatic nerve. Standing is not to bad. nothing broken which I am glad about. Moral of story leave wet shoes on until you can dry off. Duh!!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:03 PM

Sometimes I wake up early and go right to my sewing room. I don't change out of my nightgown and robe so that I don't wake my husband...I've found that that's very dangerous. I stood on my small stepladder to put the blocks of a large quilt up on my design wall and somehow stepped on the bottom of my gown and tripped. The ladder collapsed and I went flying...ouch! So now I take clothes to the Bathroom and change first.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:11 PM

I'm going to answer the question:

Whelp puppies
This room has gone through several repurposings, and right before it was my sewing room, it was the room where puppies were whelped, and they were kept with their moms for 4 weeks.
Due to my accident, never again, but now is the birth of a sewing room!

It started as a dining room, then some toddlers' toy room, then back to a dining room, then pups, now sewing. Years ago didn't they have the casket on display n the front room? I told my husband, 'just prop me up beside the sewing machine if I die"
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCiKxjZTa2I)
Old 10-03-2013, 06:46 PM

I will never again use super glue in my sewing room. Enough said. LOL
Old 10-03-2013, 07:50 PM

I have promised myself never to invite a pack of little kids into my sewing room while I embroidered their name and a cute motif a bag I was making for each one.. I had kids and thread and stabilizer and a million questions all at the same time. They were all good kids, but anytime you have 5 kids under 9 in one room at the same time you have your hands full! It was the best day ever in my sewing room!!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:17 PM

True sisters in spirit. I sometimes more enjoy the planning, plotting (and a load of other things) more than the actual sewing. Referring to "True colours comment"

Last edited by happydaze; 10-03-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:23 PM

Only one thing I will NEVER do--CLEAN!!! - when I clean I can never find a thing!! Let them deal with it when I'm Dead!!
Old 10-05-2013, 03:25 PM

I will drink coffee or iced tea while sewing at the dining room table. Knock on wood, no accidents yet!