Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wondering if there is a group meeting for fabric addiction?:) >

Wondering if there is a group meeting for fabric addiction?:)

Wondering if there is a group meeting for fabric addiction?:)

Old 10-13-2013, 07:39 PM

Just in case any of you want to see names of those of us who are trying (ha!) to stay on the wagon...here is the link.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltin...m-t209802.html
Old 10-13-2013, 07:40 PM

Oh no, a sickness? Do we HAVE to get treatment? It won't go away without treatment I hope. Yes, it could be so much worst. Drugs (already acknowledged) high heels (at my age this is an addiction I needed to get over per Doctor's over), jewelry (so much more expensive but easier to hide the problem from others) and then there are pets (which can get to be so much work and everybody knows when you have 50 cats and/or dogs).
Feel any better? I know several people with this issue and not a one of them is worrying about getting help getting over it.
Doris
Old 10-13-2013, 07:48 PM

Yesterday DH and I were shopping and when he saw the fabric I was buying, he just said "I guess you will stop buying fabric when I stop buying tools, huh?" My answer "exactly".
Old 10-13-2013, 09:13 PM

Yes, it's a sickness and it's my undersading that there is no cure for it..............
Old 10-14-2013, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie View Post
I can not put the word need in any sentence followed by the words fabric, thread, batting, sewing supplies or sewing machines. If I didn't love all things stitch related, I would not be a member of this board. We might as well admit it. All of this stuff is probably more than just a hobby with us. It is what gives our life that spark and enjoyment. For me it has always been my sanity saver and a wonderful way to calm down, breathe and relax and in our busy lives, we all need that. I don't feel guilty about my "stitching stuff" or feel that I have to explain it to anyone. Quilters already understand and others just don't get it anyway. It doesn't damage my health or harm anyone else so I think it's all ok. It's part of who I am and what I do. The bonus in all of this is that I make some really nice things which make great gifts to share with others!
Oh, Shelbie, you have hit the nail on the head, and expressed it so beautifully, as usual! I usually just blurt out, Well, it's (my addiction) cheaper than therapy and healthier than a bar! And leave it at that! I'm never happier than when I'm at the sewing machine, working on a project, trying to make something beautiful or comforting, and often times working out some other issues in my head. If I need some fabric to make a quilt sparkle or sing, so be it. I'm not putting us into debt or taking food from the starving.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:37 AM

So true, really makes me happy to go in my little room, put on some music and SEW!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:36 AM

Mrs Fitz: Your right, I better get to JoAnn's pronto.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:07 AM

I have been re-organizing my sewing room, yet again, for the last two weeks because of this addiction! Hello, my name is Judy.........