WLS support group meeting!

Old 02-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Banned

Does anyone go to a WLS support group?
Mine is tonight, not sure I am going.

I am the only banded person, so my weight loss is much less than those who were not only heavier, but had the sleeve or RNY.

Tonight we are doing a clothing exchange!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:47 PM

I think you should go. You might just meet some people with your same situations and concerns and support is just a cool thing to have.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:05 PM

That is cool that they have a clothing exchange!! I could not imagine having to buy clothes in every size when you are losing quickly!
Old 02-22-2011, 03:28 PM

I had planned on going to mine, but it's tonight (not next week like I thought) and I've got company coming.

I think the clothing exchange is a great thing! It's good to go even if others have had different procedures. There are things you will have in common regardless of which procedure you've had.

I had the sleeve. My weight loss is around 2.5 lbs. per week. I feel I'm losing the weight very slowly, but I have come down from size 18-20 plus to size 12 regular since mid November. I guess it's working! I'm trying very hard not to be too disappointed with the minor fluctuations on the scale. I think the decrease in size is more important to me than a number on the scale.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by katier825
I had planned on going to mine, but it's tonight (not next week like I thought) and I've got company coming.

I think the clothing exchange is a great thing! It's good to go even if others have had different procedures. There are things you will have in common regardless of which procedure you've had.

I had the sleeve. My weight loss is around 2.5 lbs. per week. I feel I'm losing the weight very slowly, but I have come down from size 18-20 plus to size 12 regular since mid November. I guess it's working! I'm trying very hard not to be too disappointed with the minor fluctuations on the scale. I think the decrease in size is more important to me than a number on the scale.
your overall health is the most important thing..not the scale..
I wanted to be 30#'s less by now, but I am happy to be a 12/14 instead of the 22/24! ANd NO insulin vs. the 4 shots a day I was doing!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok

your overall health is the most important thing..not the scale..
I wanted to be 30#'s less by now, but I am happy to be a 12/14 instead of the 22/24! ANd NO insulin vs. the 4 shots a day I was doing!
I agree, overall health is the important thing! It's sad that so many who are in our situation are obsessed with a number on the scale. Hopefully many of them will realize the real goal. It's great you are off the insulin! I was able to cut back my BP meds, expecting to be totally off them at my next appointment March 3rd.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:40 PM

Great job (both of you!) on your weight loss. That is incredible! :)

I would go just for the clothing exchange. That sounds so fun! It's great that you have a support group. So many don't.

:)
Old 02-22-2011, 05:10 PM

I am an "accountability" partner for a very DEAR friend who had WLS, and as a support person, i think you should go! Lol! The clothing exchange sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:17 PM

I just got "banded" on Valentines day. I'm having problems finding a "WLS" support group in my area. I have gone to a few OA meetings and I feel this is ok at this time. It does give some accountibility.....You never know where this journey will take you. Blessings and hang in there.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:36 PM

ive had my band 2 yrs in March..definetly go to the meeting. They help you stay on track, will give you pointers/suggestions..and you wont be alone!
Congrats on your journey--keep up the good work.

@lovequilts...you wont regret it....im sure you are still in soft/mushies....take it slow & follow the rules...you will be needing a new wardrobe really soon! have fun :)