WLS support group meeting!

Old 02-22-2011, 06:36 PM

Congrats to all of you! Clothing exchange is a great idea.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:26 PM

I had RNY. last year. havn't gone to one of our clothes exchanges. I just shop consignment shops, and what not.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lovequilts
I just got "banded" on Valentines day. I'm having problems finding a "WLS" support group in my area. I have gone to a few OA meetings and I feel this is ok at this time. It does give some accountibility.....You never know where this journey will take you. Blessings and hang in there.
if you ever have any questions or concerns feel free to PM me....congrats on your new life..it is not an easy one, but it is a good one!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Banned

I have been going to these meetings since they started them here in my town..only missed 2 when i was out of town. I was banded 9-09 and these meetings started on 12-09!

I am the ONLY person with a lapband.
I get looked down on all the time and one lady tonight told me I was stupid for having the band done...can you imagine...she does not know me..nor my medical history...anyway...

There was an older lady there tonight who wants the band...she was shocked when miss know it all said that to me.. BTW this know it all just had an RNy done in Sept...and has lost 100#'s already...good for her...I hope she can keep it off...

anyway..I spoke with the older lady about the band and I think she will do well with it..she is not overly obese and mainly wants it to control her diabetes! Frankly I think her age will play a big factor as well. She is 80!

I did have a good time, despite witch hilda...one of the other NEWBIEs with a sleeve(90% of the people in this group have the sleeve), was happy to see me and gave me a hug..she is 10 weeks out lost 43 so far and is eating the fish I suggested she try,, even though she thought she hated ALL fish...

She is going to Italy next month and was even more excited when I told her I had lived there for 3 years..and suggested to her what foods to bring and what to look for to eat!

It was a great night!
Wish you all could have been there!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lovequilts
I just got "banded" on Valentines day. I'm having problems finding a "WLS" support group in my area. I have gone to a few OA meetings and I feel this is ok at this time. It does give some accountibility.....You never know where this journey will take you. Blessings and hang in there.
go to http://www.sparkpeople.com and join the lapband group...so much wonderful info and support there!