Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trip Around the World. >

Trip Around the World.

Trip Around the World.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:39 AM

Default Trip Around the World.

I saw a purple and green Trip Around the World quilt that I loved. However, the price was way beyond my means. I cannot find a pattern that also explains how often the colors can be repeated. I would greatly appreciate any help. I am hesitant to just start as I am NOT a purple fan and can see myself ending up with a UFO Any suggestions are lovingly tried Thanks
Old 10-25-2013, 03:52 AM

This site might help you: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/...und-world.html
Old 10-25-2013, 03:56 AM

You don't have to use fabric that you don't like! google trip around the world quilt pattern and see what you find! hope that helps
Old 10-25-2013, 05:37 AM

You can repeat fabrics as often as you like. I'd probably use at least 5-7 fabrics. You can choose your own colors, you don't have to match the colors in a photo or a pattern.

It's a fairly easy pattern. Make strip sets, cut them, for each row, move one (more) from the top to the bottom. This is how each quarter of the quilt is designed. Do the same thing for each quarter of the quilt. You can try it out with graph paper. Color rows the colors you're thinking about, cut the strips so that you see one square of each color in a strip. Arrange the strips.

Once you have the design so that you like it, calculate how big you want the quilt to be and how big the squares have to be to make that size quilt.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Power Poster

I like the triple around the world. I borrowed a book from my Daughter, don't know the name or anything else.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by neece View Post
I saw a purple and green Trip Around the World quilt that I loved. However, the price was way beyond my means. I cannot find a pattern that also explains how often the colors can be repeated. I would greatly appreciate any help. I am hesitant to just start as I am NOT a purple fan and can see myself ending up with a UFO Any suggestions are lovingly tried Thanks
Bonnie Hunters scrappy trip around the world is a blast to make and one of my favorite mindless quilts. Use what you have and do like Bonnie, but up shirts and clothes.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Judi in Ohio View Post
Bonnie Hunters scrappy trip around the world is a blast to make and one of my favorite mindless quilts. Use what you have and do like Bonnie, but up shirts and clothes.
should say cut up shirts and clothes.. Green quilting!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:31 PM
dms

I think Eleanor Burns has this pattern too. I like her directions and also that she tells you how to press everything.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:40 PM

The one I'm doing was hand pieced and will (eventually) be hand quilted, once I decide how I want to finish the edges and if I want to do a border or not.
I used 2-1/2" squares of 10 different greens starting with the darkest in the center and getting progressively lighter then going progressively back to the darkest making 19 rounds before I started decreasing for the corners.
Love how it has turned out so far.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:08 PM

I made this top using Eleanor Burns' book.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg