Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice >

2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

Old 10-31-2013, 01:25 PM

Belfy - I really like that orange-red color with the others. Good choice!
Old 11-02-2013, 04:07 AM

I might actually get to do this one... We'll see I passed the info along to my quilt guild to see if anyone else will be doing it.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:22 AM

This is my first mystery also. And I have shared info with others in our group and they are interested (at least 4). I plan to use my stash as long as possible. When I run short of a color then I will be forced to go purchase from LQS. ha Because this is my first mystery I will be using Bonnie's colors due to her experience and my lack of.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
Will this thread be moved to the BOM section or will there be a new thread started there? I doubt that people will look for it here.
Quote originally posted by BelfryBat
I agree that it needs to be moved. I've been keeping an eye out for a thread in the BOM section, and only found this one because I broke down and did a search.

I started it in the main quilting section, but mods moved it here. Perhaps someone could ask if we could have it moved back?
My first post was meant to say more than just the link but the UPS guy drove in so I just posted the link.

I have my fabrics chosen, Olive, bright blue, orangey-red, and teal. all from stash, only enough for the smaller quilt but I don't need any more big quilts anyway. I've been working from stash since 2001.

The fabrics I chose were as close to solid as I could find in my stash. Each year I try something new for the mystery and I though this year I try for something in the Amish/Modern flavor. NO GRAY though I'm the poster child for depression and gray anything washes across me like a dirty ocean.

George Carlin had a piece about 'stuff' and what we can carry with us if we have to go somewhere, and then if we have to go somewhere else from there until you are down to what is in your pockets.
I am taking care of my mom in a borrowed house with no stairs and lots of light. Great for mom, but I don't have my quilt room.
I have a card table, the sewing cabinet w/vintage machine, the small ironing board, and stuff for the mystery I could grab from home in the 5 minutes I felt it was safe to leave her in the car (88, late stage dementia)
I am so grateful my stash is organized so I could run and grab! Took two weeks to do it a couple of years ago but worth every minute!

More than anyone wanted to know but I am happy with what I've pulled together in the empty living room. I'll get a picture of my fabrics and sewing area up soon.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:59 PM

Kalama - since you started this thread, why don't you check with Patrice about having it moved? This is definitely not the place for it especially once we start getting the actual weekly instructions.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:44 PM

I am looking forward to this mystery! I haven't posted much on this board for a few years as work was very demanding, but I am retired now and hope to be here more. I have fabrics sorted and need to decide whether to do a light background or dark purple background. Here are pictures of my two color choices. Think I may call it Ojai Autumn. Maybe I should just make two!? I'll be out of town for two weeks, but back just in time for the first clue.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]444997[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]444998[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails oacolorspurplebkgrd.jpg   oacolorslightbkgrd.jpg  
Old 11-04-2013, 09:51 PM

Quilting Librarian - it is a small world, I live in Camarillo!

I think you should use the lighter background. I don't think there will be enough contrast if you use the Purple. Just my opinion. I love the fabric you have chosen though - just beautiful!
Old 11-04-2013, 10:41 PM

Great choices everyone. I agree with Jeanie on quilting librarian's choices. But I usually favor a light background. I'm still gathering fabric but hope to have a photo to post soon.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:20 AM

Quilting librarian,
I like the lighter background. You have picked out wonderful fabrics.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
Bonnie recommends the easy angle ruler and Tri Recs tools. Do you have them? Are they worth getting?

Also, does anyone know if her mysteries tend to lend themselves to 2.5 inch squares? I have about a zillion of those!
I have the ruler sets and use them all the time. They were bought for a lqs Sampler-of-the-Month class several years ago.

*LOL* I'll be working on last year's Easy Street which I was unable to start until last February. Ultimately before cutting into any of my beautiful greens, I decided Easy Street looked too "GREEN!!!" and bought a fabulous autumn orange-y/cranberry/tiny bits of yellow batik to take their place. Life got in the way of working on Easy Street but I'm looking forward to vicariously following along with you all as "we" work on Celtic Solstice.