Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about buying fabric online >

Question about buying fabric online

Question about buying fabric online

Old 10-31-2013, 04:11 PM

I order from both of these sites. Love them both.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:16 PM

I buy most of my fabric online, because I hate going shopping. Fabric.com, fabricshack.com, and Connecting Threads are favorites--along with sellers on this board. I have found online shops to sell good quality goods. I do, however, understand your point about photos-it seems to me that if you intend to sell online, your photos should be of very high quality, and should show goods accurately.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:16 PM

I LOVE Connecting Threads! They have great fabrics for the price and the sales are amazing.....30% off batting....right now they have thread and quilters candy fabrics at 40% off.....plus great customer service....how can you go wrong?
Old 10-31-2013, 05:28 PM

I've bought from several online company's not mentioned: Thousands of Bolts, burkfabrics.com, fatquartershop.com, however, I'm having a dull brain wave and can't remember the names of the others. I will post later if they come to me. btw: I have purchased from 'whittles' and was not thrilled that they don't have a tape measure or something so you can get an accurate pattern size or repeat. If you are not happy with the color of fabric you receive vs what is showing on the computer, please remember that each computer is different and the colors displayed are not necessarily what they are selling. I don't know how to fix it so you get a more accurate picture, but maybe someone on here does.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by terra32903 View Post
I order from both of these sites. Love them both.
CT is my least favorite of the two.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:22 PM

I have made many purchases from CT......threads and fabrics. I have always been pleased with everything I get from them.
I have also bought from Missouri Quilts and Around the Block Quilt shop in Fallon, OH....all have great customer service and great products.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:25 PM

I've ordered from both. The only fabric I've had the was off kilter was from CT and it was clearly marked as being printed off and was in a super cheap sale. Since I only needed 1 inch squares, it was great for me.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:36 PM

I've used several already mentioned to great satisfaction and also Quiltshopofdeland.com. This is fabric designer Judy Hansen's site- great customer service, I just received my order from her Nite Owls line--love it!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:57 PM
Reb

I've shopped quite often at e-quilter and always been happy. They have a great website. I only had a problem with one piece of fabric and it was corrected to my satisfaction. Keepsake Quilting has their no quibble return policy. But they won't tell you who is the mfg. of the material. That is "confidential". I was told they sell first rate goods and have a great return policy but would not tell me the mfg. I was specifically looking for Northcott because I like the hand. I thought the confidentiality of the mfg was just too strange so I do not purchase from them.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:40 AM

Thanks to all. I have ordered from Connecting Threads before and did not receive any fabric that I thought was inferior. My concern was in looking at the photos of fabric samples on their websites, maybe Keepsakes, that show it going off kilter in the photo. But I guess from your posts that the fabric is not actually printed that way just the way the picture was taken. I enjoy browsing this website, often spending more time than I should. Great helps and great advise always.