Snow/Slett and Ice Storm

Old 11-23-2013, 12:02 PM

Default Snow/Slett and Ice Storm

Is this winter weather going to affect any of you all? In Arkansas we may get a little sleet Sunday night into Monday morning. It sounds like a good time to stay in and quilt. I have to go to work Monday. If it is too slick I will be staying home.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

It is gloomy here in Baton Rouge but I don't think we are getting anything severe.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:33 PM

it's cold here in Dallas, but no sleet that I've heard of. It's ugly out tho'. Want to stay home. Made a chocolate pie. Ate a piece of it while it was still hot.LOL I keep frozen pie crusts ready to use. Takes no time to bake a pie.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:34 PM

It started out gray and wet and gloomy, then the sun came out and we cleaned leaves out of the yard, came in for lunch, and I just came up to see what my husband called "a blizzard", NOT, just a few flurries.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Power Poster

we had some rain, then snow on top. i had to go out this afternoon and returned after dark. my new car tells me when the wheels are slipping... pretty smart car. it was really hard to stop at the intersections. tomorrow should be better because the roads should be salted by then.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:48 PM

It's sunny and just darn cold in MN. It was 8 degrees this morning and got all the way up to 17 early this afternoon. Had a rain Thursday night and then snow over night, so the roads were slick in the morning but by afternoon they were clear and dry, probably froze dry!!!

Pat in MN
Old 11-23-2013, 03:22 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by barny View Post
it's cold here in Dallas, but no sleet that I've heard of. It's ugly out tho'. Want to stay home. Made a chocolate pie. Ate a piece of it while it was still hot.LOL I keep frozen pie crusts ready to use. Takes no time to bake a pie.
Sounds delish, Barny! I LOVE hot chocolate pudding.

Here we're going to get what i call "bitterly" cold for the next few evenings, but if there's precip on Tuesday, it'll be flurries before 10am, then just slightly warmer rain. Got to be OUTTA HERE by Wednesday/Thursday, though, or I won't feel like getting out in it to go to arthritis swim or to Thanksgiving dinner with Mom and my aunt! Sure will hate for they to miss my veggies and dessert, LOL!

Jan in VA
Old 11-24-2013, 04:58 AM

[QUOTE=Jan in VA;6420805]Sounds delish, Barny! I LOVE hot chocolate pudding.

Here we're going to get what i call "bitterly" cold for the next few evenings, but if there's precip on Tuesday, it'll be flurries before 10am, then just slightly warmer rain. Got to be OUTTA HERE by Wednesday/Thursday, though, or I won't feel like getting out in it to go to arthritis swim or to Thanksgiving dinner with Mom and my aunt! Sure will hate for they to miss my veggies and dessert, LOL!

Jan in VA[/QUOTE
I love hot chocolate pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:01 AM

Don't know what it was when I got up, didn't want to know. I did know that it was white outside. Just looked at outside thermometer and it says 15°. UGH!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:28 AM

According to weather app on my phone, it's 17 degrees right now, severe alert for lake effect snow, could be up to a foot by tonight, about 15 miles south of Erie, PA. We have 4 or 5 inches on the ground now. Just a typical winter day around here. We get anywhere from 100 to 200 inches of snow every winter, so this is no big deal. It's so pretty!!