Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!! >

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

December Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!

Old 12-07-2013, 09:47 PM

I am Tinkle McSparkles and we are iced in. It's really cold and instead of snow, we got freezing rain and sleet last night. No church Sunday for most of the churches in town. Some of the eating places have closed too. It's really slick out there. I've been working on a quilt. It's supposed to be for my cousin's little girl and I'm doing my best to get it done. I'm so tired of it. Don't get me wrong, it's a cute quilt, I just don't like the quilting part. I'm doing some design and some stippling, the rest, well, lets just say it's getting sewed on. haha I was up on my weight Thursday. Still getting some off from Thanksgiving. I've done better on my diet by being iced in. We are supposed to get some more "weather" tonight. I don't know if it will be rain, sleet, or snow. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Power Poster

Gayle I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I have a sweet girl right now that has been acting so much slower. We love her dearly.

Cindy that is wonderful news of your winnings. You really have a nice vacation to look forward too.

Congratulations to all that are doing well on your eating. I haven't done as well due to stress, but some of it is another severe kidney infection. This one was the worst I have had in a very long time with blood, and protein in the cells. After the holidays I need to get in to see a urologist. I already see about every other kind of ologist. lol...

We are having ice tonight. It's a real mess, and will probably take down lines and trees.

Be safe everyone, be well, be happy, and be busy sewing .

Oh, I am HopeMcChilly.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:55 AM

My DD has a nut and seafood allergy. She should have been in the ER after eating a piece of popcorn that touched a cashew. I would be afraid of someone with nut allergies touching the pins that were in the pincushion and the eating something or touching their face. She also had a reaction when my DS and DH went fishing and cleaned them outside. They touched the faucet in the kitchen and door handles. She carries an epi pen too. The pin cushion I am making needs something al little bit heavier at least at the bottom. I think I will use poly on the top half and some sandbox sand at the bottom. I will post picture when I stuff it tonight.
I am supposed to have a quilting class all afternoon. Not sure it will happen because it is supposed to start snowing and icing in the next hour or so.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:38 AM

Tinkle! I feel your pain. I am in a similar spot trying to finish my GGD quilt. It is so heavy that I feel like I am wrestling a whale. My sewing machine is not liking it either. I put flannel on the back and I think that is why it is so heavy. Did QAYG and am doing the borders. Was hoping to have it done by this coming Friday. We are not having ice but -19 degrees. Good time to stay in and sew. I will be so happy to have this quilt done. So I really understand your pain. Let's just keeping "trucking" as the saying goes. I will be thinking of you. Stay safe.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:14 AM

I'm Sparkle McFrosty. The snow outside is sparkly & frosty so it's pretty appropriate. I lived in Southern California for 21 years & this year moved to Northeast Ohio. It was a job transfer, not one that we really wanted. It was good & bad in a lot of different ways. The bad being that our children stayed in CA. That is their home after all, where they grew up, where their friends, jobs & social lives are. The good is that we moved back to the area where we both grew up, back by our families & have really enjoyed spending time with everyone. We move out of the area in the area in the early 80's & a lot has changed but a lot is the same! I did manage to lose a little weight throughout the move- a big surprise as I've never lost a pound without a lot of effort! I guess I need to change my location in my profile. I may be in denial!
Old 12-08-2013, 07:19 AM

I haven't got as much walking done as I planned, but it is early in the month yet. I will have to work hard to win those batiks. I need a little pick me up after this . . .
[ATTACH=CONFIG]450598[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_30362.jpg  
Old 12-08-2013, 08:17 AM

OUCH!! What happened? That looks very sore!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:38 AM

I am Tinsel McSnowy.
Lauriejo, how in the world did you do that? That must have really hurt! Do you have stitches?
I have a table runner put together that I am sewing the binding down while watching the Packer game. I need this for a party tuesday night. I have another one to finish up for a party next week. Such a busy week coming up. I need to prioritize and stay on task to get everything done. Packages need to get mailed out asap. Before I can mail my son's I need to finish shopping for his gifts and get a kindle case made plus a makeup bag made for his girlfriend. I haven't even thought about my poem yet that I write every year that goes out with my cards. No decorations up yet either. Yikes!
We have ice and snow and cold here too. I think we are supposed to get 3-5" of snow today. At least this winter my hubby is here to clear out the driveway.
Stay warm, everyone!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:06 PM

We were supposed to get snow and ice today. It kinda fizzled out. I had a class today from 1-4. They forgot to call me and tall me they cancelled. I wouldn't have been annoyed if I hadn't lugged my sewing machine there. It is heavy to carry down the stairs. I went shopping instead. I bought something for my new grandbaby. Not due until May so I don't know the sex. It is really hard to buy clothing that is neutral. They have almost none in the stores any more since almost everyone now knows what they are having. I found a cute outfit with ducks and a toy. I need to ship it off to Japan. Hopefully they will move here before the baby is born. Not sure if it is going to work out or not. My DS is in the Navy stationed in Japan. He gets out in Feb. It just depends on when they can leave.
Lauriejo, What did you do. OUCH!. I hope you are ok.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:21 PM

No stitches, thank goodness and now that the scabs are coming off it does look better. I am not entirely sure what happened. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up in the wee hours thinking someone had thrown a brick at me. I put on my glasses at looked up at the ceiling trying to figure out what fell. The only thing we can come up with is the cat must have been jumping from the coffee table to the back of the couch and missed. At night he sometimes goes racing around like crazy. If he was doing that and slid on the table he could have missed his jump.