UK Amazon Santa came early

Old 12-06-2013, 04:00 AM

Default UK Amazon Santa came early

Look what UK Amazon Santa brought me today!

I've always wanted to try a double wedding ring pattern. Since I also wanted to get a new and bigger cutting mat I used the super saving and got this delivered to my home free of charge. That is just amazing... will probably in time put Swedish Quilting shops out of business though. It's sad.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]450147[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails amazonsanta.jpg  
Old 12-06-2013, 05:04 AM

Yay new toys for Christmas. I love my LQS and I shop there whenever possible supporting locally owned businesses is important to me. But sometimes I just can't do it sometimemes, usually because of the cost, I have to use a mega corp. to get what I want at a price I can afford. Have fun with your new toys. :-)
Old 12-06-2013, 06:00 AM

I work away lots of times so it makes it difficult for me to shop during the week. I live in the contry side so when I get home in the weekends there are no quilt shops open in my vicinity. I even resort to buying fabric online. Fabric shack, even with the higher prices for overseas shipping, is so much cheaper than any Swedish shop, online or not.

But I'd love to see the fabric IRL before I shop. It happens that the fabric is not at all what I've imagined.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:35 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]450429[/ATTACH]

Absolutely not perfect but I'm getting the idea and slowing down and actually pinning (!) and it improved a lot on circle no 2. This was a lot of fun. Only did this today but mind you, I did five gingerbread houses as well!
Attached Thumbnails doubleweddingring2.jpg  
Old 12-07-2013, 03:39 PM

I shop local and online. I prefer 30's and civil war and our locals don't hardly carry any selection of those types of fabrics.

Marietheresa........wow! you've got a Lot done in just one day. What energy you have!!!!
Old 12-08-2013, 09:50 PM

It's looking beautiful! I love the colors. :-)
Old 12-09-2013, 04:31 AM

I buy from amazon and the items come from quilt shops. It is a useful tool for items not available locally and save going out.i purchased my large mat fromLichfield on a very windy day. It was so difficult carrying it and not taking off. I couldn't stop laughing which made it worse to hold. You were far more sensible.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:29 AM

Your colors are really pretty, the quilt will be beautiful.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
I buy from amazon and the items come from quilt shops. It is a useful tool for items not available locally and save going out.i purchased my large mat fromLichfield on a very windy day. It was so difficult carrying it and not taking off. I couldn't stop laughing which made it worse to hold. You were far more sensible.
We actually had the worst storm here in 10 years on the exact day I got the mat delivered. I nearly made an involuntary parachute ride off the small hillside we live on...
Old 12-09-2013, 11:14 AM

Your DWR will be beautiful!! Like your colors. When I made mine I pinned only in the middle and one end. Keeping an accurate 1/4" seam is very important. Looks like you are doing well!