Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed >

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

Old 01-25-2014, 03:09 AM

Phew, happy we finally got our names, now to get started. I hope I don't disappoint Mamawalsh. She loves traditional and patriotic. Sounds like everyone is Happy, Happy, with their partner, so let the games begin. Off to look at patterns and fabric.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
Well, I was listening to my gut at the LQS tonight - I saw a quilt and I said, "huh that is really a dude quilt... I think that's what Rodney needs" (true story and an exact quote of my inner monologue there). So I talked to the owner (who is a good friend) and we made a few tweaks to really emphasize the "dude" part. Anyhow... it is called Sea Glass and uses greens and sea-glass colored batiks from Timeless Treasures. Here is a picture (of questionable quality) of the fabrics.

*For the record, Rodney's request said, "Surprise me."
Those are stunning!!! I'm sure Rodney will be pleased!!!
Old 01-25-2014, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Gannyrosie View Post
Phew, happy we finally got our names, now to get started. I hope I don't disappoint Mamawalsh. She loves traditional and patriotic. Sounds like everyone is Happy, Happy, with their partner, so let the games begin. Off to look at patterns and fabric.
Yes!!! I really hope people are HAPPY HAPPY!!! Some fell into place. Others I had to do some "research" on. It was fun.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:01 AM

I am very happy this is my first swap, and what a great first swap this is going to be. My partner, Jldugas, is happy to get the dark red/ivory feminine quilt And I am going to have my mom pick up some lace at the martha pullen school when she goes, cause the pattern I found and this fabric will look stunning with a little lace insertion and edging. I'll get some photos soon, need to call my LQS about the manufacturer of the fabric. Need to load it up on my EQ7 so I know how much to buy of each Will post that when I get it.

Oh happy day!
Old 01-25-2014, 05:06 AM

Tammy (Tam...moo) and I are working together and will be sending photos to each other to figure out what is the correct fabric combo for each other so we are both dancing with joy about what will be made for each other. I know we will do smashingly well and well what a good job you did. Thank you Yosamitesa for all the hard work dividing us up. I know you had to work with allergies first and all the rest by who wants what and can do what.. lots and lots of work that most don't realize . it takes HOURS and you gifted us with your time. SMOOCH!!! (running she hates my kissing stuff something about eeewwww ).
Old 01-25-2014, 06:38 AM

Hello everyone, I was part of the swap last year and had a Great experience. I wish I wasn't so busy this year to participate. If ya'll don't mind I would love to follow along, seems that this years group will have a fun time.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:52 AM

Glad to have gotten to talk to my partern crqltr, carol.
now we are brainstorming.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:03 AM

Thanks Yosamitesa for hosting. This group is going to be fun to get to know and move along with!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:50 AM

mumukate - thank you; Mr. Beasley is a Great Peyrenees; he was to the vet yesterday to get his nails clipped and he weighs 126.2 lbs. He's kind of short compared to his breed standard but that's okay - he's a towny.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:55 AM

Default Starting point for jaba's quilt

Here's a photo of our starting point - if I need to add more browns or some other color jaba will let me know. She gets to pick 20.
Attached Thumbnails photo-1-all-32-fabrics.jpg