Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed >

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

Old 01-20-2014, 04:00 AM

That sounds gorgeous to me, right up my alley also. I painted my dining room a very deep blood red, dark red not the bright kind. It took 5 coats of paint but so worth it with high glossy white trim

Originally Posted by CarolynMT View Post
GannyRosie, I am sure you wont disappoint anyone. The beauty of these quilts is they are made with love. All else is secondary. I am getting excited too, very hard not to go shopping till I have a name and style.

My LQS had some of the most beautiful deep red and ivory fabric with roses on it. A whole collection! I am so very tempted but no one (including me) that I know has red in their home. I so want to work with these fabrics, they are too pretty to just leave on the shelf. Am hoping that my partner will love a deep red/ivory feminine quilt. If not, guess I will have to redecorate cause these fabrics are too pretty!
Old 01-20-2014, 04:00 AM

ok carolynmt sold me. I want one! my bed has a white down quilt and a red down quilt on it. I think it will work lovely and in fact the last time I worked off only the colors in my home was... never. I love what I love and I play with it as often I can

Last night after going to bed to only realize I wasn't just 'quiet' tired I got up. decided time to refold, color code my fabric shelf. so pulled the whole top shelf down and redid it. now to redo the bottom well its half done now so bet it will take me half an hour which I happen to have today and wow I can now go to specific sections and find something! pinks! whites! three yellows (guess its not my happy color?) and so on. I kept thinking Jaba was standing behind me saying its about time! lol she was so good as to have her hubby build me these two shelves and to bring me all the card board, cut mind you, so I could stand my fabrics up .. and well I did use them just sorta fold it shove it on the shelf .. now its a rainbow! just like my scraps. Yahoooo! and once again find I have a couple 2 yrd pieces which is marvelous to use as starters.. but oh yes I am finishing, I need finishing pieces. got those too
Old 01-20-2014, 04:08 AM

23 swappers, wow. I keep coming back to read this forum. It feels very tempting but scared.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:12 AM

Please join in. There is plenty of time to work on the quilt and your partner will love whatever you make since it was made just for her
Originally Posted by sewmany View Post
23 swappers, wow. I keep coming back to read this forum. It feels very tempting but scared.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:56 AM

Me too, Sewmany! After reading all the comments - everyone is fun, funny and seems like just a good group of quilters. Is there still room???

If so, count me in - I'm nervous...but count me in!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:08 AM

I sent a PM *squeal! Come on Sewmany...let's do this!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:43 AM

WELCOME mumukate!!! We are so excited to have you. WE have 24 swappers now!!! Remember sign-up closes THIS Friday. We have 6 spaces or until then!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:47 AM

OMG does time seem to drag I am beyond ready to start.......lol...glad to see some ladies are interested in red/ivory feminine quilt now to go find the perfect pattern to show off the pretty material
Old 01-20-2014, 08:58 AM

If you dont join us, you will be sorry later--cause we will keep heckling you til you do join us!
Old 01-20-2014, 10:02 AM

Ok ladies and gents...need your help. I hate asking but if you happen to come across an Octonauts Gup-E with Peso toy, please let me know. Can't find it anywhere!!!