Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So  do you know some one who owns cutters with dies? >

So do you know some one who owns cutters with dies?

So do you know some one who owns cutters with dies?

Old 01-03-2014, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by caspharm View Post
Actually, the new one that just came out is the Brother Scan'n Cut. The only problem I see with any of these computer linked ones is it looks like you can only feed 1 layer of fabric at a time.
I just learned that the scan n cut does not connect to a computer. You have to use a usb stick for it, so it's not the one the previous poster was talking about (since she said it connects to the computer).
Old 01-03-2014, 08:50 PM

I have the Go and it is not "flopped". Actually, quite the opposite! It's great and I love it. I recently purchased the Cameo Silhouette and even though I am quite computer-savy, I am finding it difficult to figure out. It has to be connected to the computer to use. I don't have anyone close by to help me with it. It's just sitting around now. It was quite expensive and find I really don't need it. I think it is for people who do scrap booking mostly and cutting out vinyl letters and shapes, etc.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 PM

I have a "GO" and a variety of dies and I love it.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by quiltjoey View Post
I have the Go and it is not "flopped". Actually, quite the opposite! It's great and I love it. I recently purchased the Cameo Silhouette and even though I am quite computer-savy, I am finding it difficult to figure out. It has to be connected to the computer to use. I don't have anyone close by to help me with it. It's just sitting around now. It was quite expensive and find I really don't need it. I think it is for people who do scrap booking mostly and cutting out vinyl letters and shapes, etc.
Try this site for tutorials for the cameo. She does papercrafting but the same tutorials should apply for other projects. http://www.underacherrytree.com
Old 01-04-2014, 08:18 PM

I have a Sizzix Big Shot Pro....love it...everything I cut is perfect....all the same, which makes piecing so easy
every block the same size....wouldn't be without it + with some strip cutters I can do at least 7 layers of 3...so
1 crank through gives me 21 strips...much less time spent cutting
Old 01-05-2014, 02:30 AM

MacThayer I'm looking into the quilt-Cut 2. Are there any draw backs to it? I also have the accuquilt but I love my gadgets
Old 01-05-2014, 04:44 AM

I have the Go and love it especially for the rag quilts. My daughter loves it just for the 8in blocks, she's still new to sewing and cutting and would never get a sqaure cut accurately if it weren't for the Go. I also have the Brother Cut and scan. Love it too
Old 01-05-2014, 07:20 AM

I figured out another reason why I don't use my Go cutter. I never make the same quilt twice so if I were to buy tumbler die then I would only use it once. I just like variety. I can see cutting a bunch of tumblers would work if you would make the quilt more than once.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pagzz View Post
I figured out another reason why I don't use my Go cutter. I never make the same quilt twice so if I were to buy tumbler die then I would only use it once. I just like variety. I can see cutting a bunch of tumblers would work if you would make the quilt more than once.
I can understand this, and in fact, this is probably why I don't buy many of the applique dies. However, dies such as the triangle, square, circle, and strip cutter are multi-purpose.

Another thing to think about - you can combine your library of dies with your friends and share both the dies and the cost.