Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If Someone Made a Quilt for You >

If Someone Made a Quilt for You

If Someone Made a Quilt for You

Old 01-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Power Poster

I'm with Martina...sewing/quilted related stuff....or bits of vintage fabric, even old doileys/embroideries...but not a quilt.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:20 PM

When I was going thru chemo - I received a prayer quilt from the people at church. It was a basic 4 patch but it was the first time anyone has given me a quilt/blanket, so I was so touched I could barely talk. All the prayers that came with it were wonderful too.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 01-25-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:21 AM

I would happily accept anything that was made for me.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:01 AM

If someone gave me a quilt they made I would cherish it and be very, very touched, regardless of what it looked like. I love handmade whatever it is, show someone thought enough about you to devote their time and attention into creating something with their hands just for you!
Old 01-26-2014, 05:53 AM

Default A gift of love

If any gift is handmade, it's a gift of love. No person knows how much time and effort a handmade gift takes until they make one themselves. People often look at sewn a and handmade items at craft fairs or shops and think they are priced too high. Let them attempt to make same item and they probably would of wised they had bought the item they had seen. I'd be nothing but appreciative for any gift given to me where someone took their time and effort to make.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:05 AM

I would love anything someone spent that much time and effort on. But I think I would be ecstatic about a memory quilt with fabrics that have personal stories. Or colors make a big difference to me - a quilt with purple, turquoise and green would definitely make me smile.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:08 AM

The only way I've gotten a quilt someone else has made is to rescue them from the thrift store and for some reason they feel so special when I use them. If someone really made me one, I wouldn't care what it was , just the fact that someone actually took the time to make it just for me.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
If you knew in advance that you were getting a quilt as a gift, what would make your eyes light up?

Since I am absolutely NO GOOD at needle turn applique, I would love to have something in this venue. I have seen many picture of quilts like this, and they always make me gasp. Maybe someday I will attempt it again, and see if I can get better at it.
Ann, you must keep practicing that needle turn, no one was ever perfect the first time, with that or anything. You'll get it eventually then be so glad you did. So many beautiful needle turn patterns, and fun to do.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:39 AM

I would love a bargello, It looks so complicated to piece. That would be my ultimate wish quilt, but anything hand made is a treasure to me.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:22 AM

If they made it themselves my eyes would light up over the fact that they cared that much. It would be even more precious if it were in my colors, regardless of the pattern.