Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have a list? >

Do you have a list?

Do you have a list?

Old 08-12-2009, 03:56 PM

I'm one of those overly-organized people, so I not only have a list, I have a schedule! I work on my computer all day, so I keep my list on the computer and that makes it easy to insert and change things as project get finished and others get added.

My current list / schedule looks like this:

August
31 - Blue & Yellow block swap
- Countryside Families Forum block

September
31 - Tulip blocks

October
15 - Center for International round-robin
28 - HQ Guild BoM

November
1 - Rob & Kristie's wedding quilt
- Pair of quilted curtains for the basement
- Pair of quilted curtains for the guest bedroom
26 - HQ Guild BoM

December
25 - Throw-sized quilt for Amanda
- Set of quilted coasters and placemats for Daphne
- Lap quilt for Baba

January
1 - Wandering Star wallhanging

No deadline
- Sampler quilt
- English paper-piecing project

Jan

Old 08-13-2009, 05:03 AM

My list changes with each day. I want to do every quilt there is. My goal is to make a quilt for everyone in the world who is cold.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
You know, if you have a list, then you have to kinda follow it! What if you see something that just strikes you right then, do you add it to the end of your list or do you readjust "the list" Sometimes the priorities change. My list got readjusted too many times and now I don't keep a list any longer.
No, this does not need to be a rule. My list may have a rough order to it, but it's just a collection of projects I want to do. So I don't forget a good idea. Nothing says I have to go from the top down, in order.

ai731, I love your schedule. That keeps you on track, I'm sure!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:21 AM

I only read a few of the replies, but feel as if I am in the minority. :oops: I have lots of magazines and binders of patterns, but don't really come up with a concrete idea until I "need" to make my next quilt. And, usually, I only work on one at a time. But, as I am almost finished with my current project, for my MIL, I will need some ideas.... :wink: :wink:
Old 08-13-2009, 09:56 AM

You sound just like me. I only learned to quilt one year ago, and I've already made two twin-sized quilts, a king-sized quilt, several wall hangings, and I'm working on two more. I too was bitten by the bug, but it's not surprising since I have always loved quilts.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:14 PM

Are you serious, I'll never live that long!!!!! Books and material plus unfinished projects Don't you just love quilting, its better than eating when your hungry LOL
Old 08-13-2009, 12:20 PM

Yes, I have a "list," although it is not written down. My goal is to make everyone in my family a quilt. Period. And it is a big family!

But, I have set no time limit on this project. I do them as I do them. The only one that there was a time limit on is the Airplane quilt I just finished, because I wanted to give it to my son on his graduation from flight school. And I made it in time. Other than that, they are finished when they are finished, and I'm not going to worry myself into a frazzle over it. I enjoy the quilting too much to do that.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
if i wrote them all down on a list, half the trees in North America would disappear!

save a tree! admit you want to make every quilt you see and be proud of it.

Hi. My name is Patrice and I'm a Quiltaholic. (now where are the coffee and donuts?)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I want to sign up for the meeting too.. Do we bring our machines to the meetings?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:41 PM

Love your quote, Lisa!
Old 08-13-2009, 12:46 PM

The 'list' is only in my head, but I had to laugh when I read your post. I'm pretty new to this, too; but I have mega bytes of free patterns on my computer, and idea book of things I would like to do, patterns that I have ordered and hope to get done 'someday,' and things marked in every catalog I get of things I want to order. I think it's a sickness, but I tell myself "at least I don't drink."