Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What sewing cabinet do you put your big ole mamma jamma Crescendo sewing machine in? >

What sewing cabinet do you put your big ole mamma jamma Crescendo sewing machine in?

What sewing cabinet do you put your big ole mamma jamma Crescendo sewing machine in?

Old 03-02-2014, 06:47 AM

Default What sewing cabinet do you put your big ole mamma jamma Crescendo sewing machine in?

First, let me say I don't own a BIG machine right now, but hopefully for my birthday in October I will be getting a Babylock Crescendo . That is a big machine! I have been daydreaming about that day and eventually getting a sewing cabinet with a lift for it.

I have been looking a the Arrow Bertha online and I think that one will work. But I also own a serger and would like a cabinet that would have a spot for that too. So the Kangaroo Aussie came to mind, but when I compare the Crescendo size to the Kangaroo Aussie opening listed on their website I think it might be too small by a hair. I could have sworn I read a thread here where someone kept their Crescendo in an Aussie cabinet. What cabinet do you use?

Thanks!
D.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:05 AM

I have a Horn cabinet that has a removable "box" behind a door that is for serge machine or another small sewing machine. I just left the box there because it holds a ton of stuff.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:15 AM

I just had the pleasure of installing my new Crescendo into my Arrow Bertha cabinet, fits perfectly!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:29 PM

I have my Crescendo in the Kangaroo Aussie and the fit is beautiful! Lots of room all around the machine. I have had the Aussie for a couple of years and had my Pfaff 1471 in it, so when I got the Crescendo, I did need to order a new acrylic insert to fit the larger machine. With the insert, the Crescendo is a perfect fit in the existing hole already in the Aussie. I love my Aussie, especially when I open up the folding drop leaves and have tons of room for FMQ with the big Crescendo.

And I have a serger that sits nicely on one of the side "wings" of the Aussie. With a rolling office chair, I'm in heaven! When I'm not using my serger I store it in the cubby hole under the "wing" and put my steady Betty ironing surface where the serger was. Very convenient for me.

Last edited by Mimiqwerty; 03-02-2014 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Adding serger info
Old 03-02-2014, 01:58 PM

I have the "Perfexxion" system and it handles my Janome 6600 very well. It has an adjustable lift and you order a customized acrylic form for it to sit in. The system is big enough to hold my Janome, my Singer Futura-200, a Janome 350 embroidery machine and I also have a couple of older machines sitting on it for display. I think the center part of the system is about 10-11 feet, and it has two side wings about 4 feet....so it's a large system. But it works well for me.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:31 PM

My sister just purchased a HUGE Babylock machine... she also got a cabinet from Horn... a wonderful beautiful cabinet.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:42 AM

Since this thread started what other cabinets or tables have you found that nicely fit the Crescendo. I emptied the wallet and got one at KC Quilt festival this weekend. I currently have my Babylock Katherine/Brilliant in a regular sew-ez table and Love that set up. i don't think my new baby will fit in the smaller sew-ex table.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-18-2019 at 07:10 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 06-18-2019, 12:22 PM

Missi,

Congrats on your machine! I love my Crescendo. You will love all the features on this machine. The laser light and the WF is great. There are additional feet available for the WF so look for them too. Just ask if you have questions and we are happy to help.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:54 PM

I don’t have a large machine but plan to purchase a Bernina in the near future. You may want to peruse Ikea Hackers and search for Ikea sewing hacks on Pinterest.

I’m creating a customized cutting cart and sewing desk (influenced by Koala Artisan DesignPro) and we’re using pieces and his prowess to build my ideal equipment. Most of the companies use similar materials and many require you to put the unit together. Amish pieces are the exception but they usually cost more.