Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cabinet for Crescendo machine >

Cabinet for Crescendo machine

Cabinet for Crescendo machine

Old 03-26-2014, 09:01 AM

Default Cabinet for Crescendo machine

I am interested in getting a cabinet that my Crescendo machine will sit in flush. It came with an extension table that is wonderful. However, I believe it would be more convenient if I didn't have to raise my arms to use the machine to quilt. Any suggestions on something affordable? I saw some really nice ones on the internet and thought, "Wow, this is perfect" until I saw the prices...

Thank you!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:48 AM

I have heard many good reviews of the sew perfect tables which are much less money than say a Horn cabinet. Even cheaper would be a DIY sturdy wooden table that you could cut a hole in then buy or make a plexi-glass insert to fit.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:41 AM
KLO

I would keep an eye on my local Craig's List and ebay auctions that would be close enough to do a pick-up. There were just several cabinets on my local CL that were really nice and very affordable. Other than that, you could make you own by finding a used wooden table and cutting a hole in it to suspend your machine so that it is level with the table. A number of people have done that here on the QB and you could probably google that to find a tutorial. Don't know if that helps but hoping it does.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:46 AM

I have my Crescendo in a Kangaroo cabinet--the Aussie model. It is a great fit and I love the drop leaf behind the machine and to the left of the machine for supporting a large quilt when quilting. The machine lift adjusts so that the Crescendo sits flush with the cabinet top. I got it in white and the top is slick enough that I don't need to use my supreme slider with it. Score for my DD who's going to be getting it.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:59 AM

I found an old Parsons brand sewing machine cabinet on craigslist for $75. They were made in the 80s and have an electric lift. It has 4 drawers on the right side and a thread rack inside the door. The bonus is, it's made of real wood, not MDF, although I changed the hardware as I though the pulls were dated. I ordered a plexiglas insert to fit in the opening around my Bernina, from Dreamworld. Insert was about $57 shipped. The lift will go full height so the machine is on top when I use the embroidery unit or free arm, or it will stop lower down to sit flush, when I have the insert in place (which is most of the time) or all the way down to store the machine inside when I have company and my sewing room is the guest room.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:20 PM

I have my dreamweaver in a gidget II and it works out nice, paid about 169, I shopped online around until I found the cheapest price with shipping
Old 03-27-2014, 04:24 AM

My Crescendo fits perfectly in the Arrow Bertha cabinet..I have two Arrow cabinets, they are quite affordable compared to Horn, Kangaroo, etc. It has huge extensions that handle the weight of large quilts. The Arrow cabinets need to be assembled (need two people but not a bad project).