Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HQ sixteen True Stitcher >

HQ sixteen True Stitcher

HQ sixteen True Stitcher

Old 03-11-2014, 04:56 PM

Default HQ sixteen True Stitcher

I have an HQ sixteen sit down model and was wondering if anyone has the True Stitcher? I have seen the video and was wondering if you have one or if you have tried it at a shop or show , would you order one or do you own one and how do you like it? I am pondering getting one , they have free shipping but WOW $995?? Don't know if it is truly worth it. Please let me know or if there is a better price somewhere. Thanks!
Donna, The Rustic Quilter
Old 03-11-2014, 05:14 PM

No advice, but I will be watching this thread, since I'm looking at getting a HQSS myself in the near future! I was thinking that I would want the true stitch, since it's the thing that drives me most batty with my Janome right now. I always feel like I do a nice job piecing and then it's all "amateur hour" when I get to FMQ. Blah. I know practice is important, and I do practice, but how many quilts do I do less to my satisfaction? I know it will help just having a dedicated quilting machine, rather than using my DSM, but I think I'd feel more confident with the help.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:07 AM

I purchased it and I don't like it. For me it was a waste of my money. You have to make sure you have a flat surface. Any unevenness will make it skip stitches. It also gets in the way. I feel with practice I can do just as good.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:13 PM

I have the Tiara which is exactly like the S16. I tried the stitch regulator at the store and decided that I could do as well without it. I quilt quite fast when stippling and it would just slow me down.