Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help needed on Brother PE770 >

Help needed on Brother PE770

Help needed on Brother PE770

Old 03-29-2014, 01:02 PM

Default Help needed on Brother PE770

I hope this is in the right section. I just bought a PE-770 embroidery machine. Since I bought it online I didn't get classes with it. Does anyone know if this machine has a trace function to show you where your design will fit on your fabric? I don't mean where you use the grid to center the design on the fabric. If you enlarge or reduce the design does it outline where the design will be? Or if you have several designs together so you know whether they are spaced correctly. I can't find anything in the manual about this but I've been told it has this function. Can someone tell me where it is and how to use it?

TIA.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:10 AM
Power Poster

there's not a trace option exactly. Look on page 62, There's a button that "moves the frame to check the position". On my PE500, you push this 'button' and it takes you to one corner and stops, push it again and it takes you to the next etc. What I did was carefully turn the wheel to lower the needle and make a tiny mark with a washable fabric marker, raise the needle then go to the next corner and repeat. I think the 770 works the same way.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:54 AM

Thanks, PP. I'll try that. In case my manual and yours are different, what section are the instructions in?
Old 03-30-2014, 09:38 AM

Check page 62 in the PE 770 operation manual. The manual uses the term "starting point key" instead of "trace function". After selecting an embroidery design, press "adjust", "layout" and look for the soft button that has a needle with a dotted line and arrow. After hitting the dotted line button, the embroidery arm moves around the outside edges of the selected design.

Yes, there is an outline when the design is increased or decreased.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:57 AM

I found it. Thanks for the replies. I knew there had to be a way but I was looking for the term "trace" which I thought would be the normal term.