Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mini Quilt Swap- sign ups close June 20th >

Mini Quilt Swap- sign ups close June 20th

Mini Quilt Swap- sign ups close June 20th

Old 07-18-2014, 09:53 AM

Yes, there will be a next month... I'm open for suggestions as to the theme. Anybody want to share a great idea? Sign ups will be posted next week closing July 31st and minis due out by August 31st. I'll post a link here. In the meantime, let the ideas flow ladies!
Old 07-18-2014, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
Yes, there will be a next month... I'm open for suggestions as to the theme. Anybody want to share a great idea? Sign ups will be posted next week closing July 31st and minis due out by August 31st. I'll post a link here. In the meantime, let the ideas flow ladies!
Maybe a theme could be "At my kitchen table" Depict coffee mugs or a pretty place setting, or the table piled high with fabric, or a dog sneaking a treat, etc. Whatever happens at your kitchen table. It would be a personal little scene.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:10 AM
Banned

How about one of the following:

End of Summer with a "twist" (MUST include a certain color ie: the twist include the color black etc).
Back to school with/without a twist
Bright & Bold

Ok my brain has hit a road block for anything else at the moment.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:53 AM
Suz

Regarding the next exchange: Fall is coming, fall colors are so vibrant. I don't do halloween, but there are pumpkins, leaves, cornucopia, fall flowers (sunflowers), hayrides, scarecrows and blackbirds. Just me thinking aloud!
Old 07-18-2014, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

Tlambing the mini you made is gorgeous. I love everything about it, but I really love how you did the basket too. The handle looks like braiding. Very nice. I like all the pretty flowers with layers, and topped off with a pretty button. I like the leaves too with one set apart.

The one you received is gorgeous too. Oh my, the tiny flowers I can't imagine. I love the prairie points, and the stitching around the vase is pretty. I also like the two color binding.

We have had such beautiful minis on here by very talented sweet people.

Quilty-Louise if you think you feel bad about that, when I was reading what you wrote about using the wrong foot, I was thinking pedal foot. My silly thought. lol... Glad you have it all going good now. Hope you and tlambing both have some time to relax, and sew.

I am excited with the rest of you about next month's planning. I will try to think on it.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Banned

Susan (JuneBillie),
I am lucky that my foot pedal on both machines are the same.
Guess that is why I figured the embroidery foot would be the same too.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:27 PM

I love the beautiful fall colors, rust, brown, gold, cranberry. Leaves falling and the trees turning their fab colors.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:21 AM

I love the "Fall is Coming" idea Suz mentioned. I agree with Jaba - those colors are beautiful and lend themselves to vibrant creativity.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

I am usually on here to check out everyone, but was down at my dads. I went to the post office, and brought it back home. I opened such a pretty, creative mini, both front and back are so pretty, and the package also included a pretty pink t-shirt. All of this from my sweet partner 'buslady'. Here are some pictures.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484132[/ATTACH] Buslady has it on a little quilt hanger. You can see a big beautiful sun sparkling with the metallic thread she used, and the blue waters with sparkling blue thread, and the beach with pebbles scattered around. She did such wonderful creative work on this mini, and very nice quilting too.
I also wanted to add one more of the front that may appear closer up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484137[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]484135[/ATTACH] Here is a picture of the back side with pretty flowers and butterflies.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]484136[/ATTACH] I just had to include a picture of the pink t-shirt she sent me with like the name of places around her area I assume. (advertisements) I love it, and I love all of the package she sent. Thank you so much buslady for such a nice mini quilt that I will have hung in a very special place. I think I am going to make a collage next to my dining room table. This swap has been so much fun with everyone.

A thank you to our host too tlambing.
Attached Thumbnails 100_2157-small-.jpg   100_2162-small-.jpg   100_2164-small-.jpg   100_2163-small-.jpg  

Last edited by JuneBillie; 07-19-2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: wanted to add
Old 07-20-2014, 04:14 AM

What a sweet lil mini quilt, love the lil holder, too...
And a cool t-shirt!!
K