Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Brother PQ 1500s walking foot >

Brother PQ 1500s walking foot

Brother PQ 1500s walking foot

Old 07-01-2014, 10:43 AM

Default Brother PQ 1500s walking foot

The walking foot that came with my PQ 1500s is a narrow toe and doesn't have a guide. I would really like to find an open toe one that has a quide or one that just has a guide. Does anyone with this machine know of one I could get. I contacted Brother and they don't have another walking foot that will fit this machine. I know that there are other brand feet that will fit this machine but I'm not familiar with them.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:53 AM

Contact Allbrands.com and tell them what you'd like. I've received excellent customer service from them, and they have always been able to help me out, especially if it's an "aftermarket", non-OEM part.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:37 PM

I read on one forum, that the Janome high shank open toe even feed foot fits the PQ1500s. Don't take my word for it though. I wrote that down hoping to find one to try. It would be nice if more people chime in here because I would like a foot that leaves enough space to see where your sewing.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:46 PM

A "wide" walking foot wouldn't fit the feed dogs of your machine. YOu have a straight stitch machine with narrow feed dogs. The walking foot similarly has to have narrow matching feed or the WF wouldn't work as designed. So, no, you won't be able to get other WF to work properly on the machine other than what it was designed to handle.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:03 PM

Thank you Candace. Go slow and use a good light i guess is what we must do.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:44 PM

I have the Brother 1500. I use painter's tape to mark my lines when I use the walking foot. It works well for me.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:47 PM

Thanks, Candace I guess I'll learn to use what I have or get my other machine out. I wish I had room to have both machines out at one time. I did try the Jenome high shank foot but the bar that goes over the needle screw isn't long enough. It just doesn't fit just right. You might get it it work but I was afraid to try it.
Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Contact Allbrands.com and tell them what you'd like. I've received excellent customer service from them, and they have always been able to help me out, especially if it's an "aftermarket", non-OEM part.

I called Allbrands and they have an Janome even feed foot with a guide that they say will fit the 1500s. I ordered one, so we will see. If it doesn't fit I'll just send it back.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Annie Pearl View Post
I called Allbrands and they have an Janome even feed foot with a guide that they say will fit the 1500s. I ordered one, so we will see. If it doesn't fit I'll just send it back.
It will likely "fit" and tighten on to the shank, but the Janome one would be a zig zag walking foot not made for a straight stitch machine and will be too big for the feed dogs...it wouldn't be what you want if this is the case. Like I said before, the SS walking feed are different than the WF made for zig zag capable machines.

If the Janome foot is also for a SS machine, it may work properly.

Last edited by Candace; 07-02-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
It will likely "fit" and tighten on to the shank, but the Janome one would be a zig zag walking foot not made for a straight stitch machine and will be too big for the feed dogs.
Unless it's a foot made for the Janome 1600, which is a straight stitch machine. I have both machines, the Janome 1600 and the Brother PQ1500, and they're almost identical. I can swap the feet between both machines, and this is what I had in mind when I advised the OP to contact Allbrands.

I'm looking forward to hearing Annie Pearl's experience with this new foot.