Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AUSSIE CHALLENGE - English Paper Piecing >

AUSSIE CHALLENGE - English Paper Piecing

AUSSIE CHALLENGE - English Paper Piecing

Old 09-04-2009, 05:33 AM

Okay everyone knows I’m just a bit crazy with the things I find to do. So here is the latest thing I thought would be fun. I’m making Hexagon Rosettes to help create the World’s Largest Hexagon Quilt for the Guinness Book of World Records. . See the article online at http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art2273.asp and visit www.paperpieces.com . It doesn’t take much time to do one of the rosettes and I thought it would be fun to say I made some rosettes for the World’s Largest Hexagon Quilt. So I purchased some 1 inch hexagons from Paper Pieces (Paper Pieces is where the challenge is posted) and I’m cutting out fabric and getting to work. I've got 15 ready to start on and plan on working on them while I'm at the family farm over the holiday.
So anyone else interested?
Old 09-04-2009, 06:12 AM

I've printed the article so I can think about it ..... I'm not much of one to do the hexagons, but the thought of being a part of a possible Guinnes record holder quilt may be too much to resist!

Thanks for the info!

Odessa
Old 09-04-2009, 08:27 AM

Just do the small hexagon rosette, it's only 7 hexagons total and goes together really fast. But I couldn't resist being able to say I took part in a world record. Too much fun.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Power Poster

I think that this could be fun!!! I was thinking it would be something that I could work on during my plane trip to KY and while waiting for flights....
I have never done english paper piecing so if I go online to find a template, what measurement do I look for? Is it one inch across? or one inch measurement one of the sides of the hexagon?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:09 PM

If you look at the web site paperpieces.com, they have all the measurements and how to decide what to order.

It's a really nice company - they have a catalogue with lots of ideas and pieces other than hexagons.

Lorli
Old 09-07-2009, 11:42 AM

I was confused about the number of hexagons that are needed. The directions mention three rounds of fabric, (green center, 6 hexagons of the color of your choice, and then cream for the third round) which would be many more hexagons. If I understand it correctly for a full rosette it would be three rounds not just the center and one round.