Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-08-2014, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
Love all the recipes all sound great I have a few I make every year one is real easy, one takes a bit. Almond cookies and Date balls. Tonight's dinner is Corned beef and potatoes with Acorn squash on the side. I'll bring some to the hole if there is a rum and coke around.
OH YUM...what a perfect meal!!! Corned beef....one of my FAVORITE winter dinners. I like it with cabbage too.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bezzie2013 View Post
my santee's box just got changed again its bigger and has so much stuff in it and it even smells good
So....will it be a scratch and sniff??
Old 11-08-2014, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Hi Peg...I've been copying the recipes so far to a word file. You make a really good point. How about once the reveal date has come and all the recipes are here, i'll organize them together in a word file and anyone who wants all of them can send me a PM and their email address and i send them the file??.....May take me til after the holidays, but.... Anyway, just a thought for those who are interested.
would you share the recipes with me? I am a Mac user so they have to be PDFs or JPEG. Thank you if you can.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:44 PM

We went to get the mail today out of the PO box and while there, I picked up one of the large "if it fits, it ships" boxes so I could wrap the individual SS gifts before I sent it out Monday. Imagine my red face when DH comes out with the full box, and it is already a stuffed large box!
Dear Secret Santee, I will give you a choice, wrapping paper or extra stuff? (If she says wrapping paper, I am going to be so happy... I could use really thick tape and be even happier...lol!)
I spent the whole day sewing and got 10 coin purses and one purse done. We went to go buy dinner tonight and the cashier loved my purse, so I have an order for one for money, yippee!

you will notice there are only nine coin purses pictured, that is because DD came by just as I finished them, and one of the panty ones jumped right in her pocket! Lol!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 11-09-2014, 01:14 AM
som

yaaaaa/got m SS pkg, today and its really heavy i cant wait ,Dec 7th, is fine with me too i will mailing mine out on monday, my SS just lives about 100 miles from me, and i go there quite often, SOM
Old 11-09-2014, 05:11 AM

Opening day on December 7th in the afternoon is great with me.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Hi Peg...I've been copying the recipes so far to a word file. You make a really good point. How about once the reveal date has come and all the recipes are here, i'll organize them together in a word file and anyone who wants all of them can send me a PM and their email address and i send them the file??.....May take me til after the holidays, but.... Anyway, just a thought for those who are interested.
That's a great idea and really nice of you to do. I was just thinking I needed to cut and paste them all. I'd sure love your file!
Old 11-09-2014, 07:02 AM

Sounds like there is some interest in getting all the recipes after the reveal - Anyone who would like the collected recipes can please send me a PM with their email address so that i can send them the word file then.

Madamekelly - if you will PM me, i'll be sure to note that yours needs to be a jpeg.....Oh, and if anyone else needs the file in a format other than Word, please note that in your PM.

Still waiting for more recipes to post y'all !! Some of the ones that have been mentioned have sure sounded good !!
Old 11-09-2014, 07:38 AM

PenniF just sent you a PM, would love the recipes too. I didn't post the pumpkin cookie recipe yesterday, cut up our deer and got it in the freezer. By the time we were...I was done too

Pumpkin Cookies

1 1/2 cups butter or margarine (3 sticks)
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teas. vanilla
2 cups pumpkin
4 cups flour
2 cups oatmeal
2 teas. baking soda
2 teas. cinnamon
1 teas. salt
1 cup chopped nuts (or more and 2 cups chocolate chips - optional)
Cream butter and br. sugar until fluffy, add egg and vanilla. Alternate the dry ingredients and pumpkin, mix well after each addition. Stir in nuts and chips. Makes 6 dozen large cookies. Bake at 350 13 - 15min

These work with either pumpkin or squash, I usually cook mine from the garden and measure out 2 cups and freeze. Use it all year long.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:38 AM

This pumpkin recipe is a new one for me....never had one with oatmeal in it before so gotta try it.