Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-26-2014, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by bezzie2013 View Post
belfray did you shake that box, does it smell good, come on ladies someone open your box and tell us its the 7th we are leaving at 5 am to indiana to have a memorial service for mil and thanksgiving which i have not been home for thanksgiving in over 25 years i am excited but really nervious about the weather
Have a safe trip bezzie.

(Did you open it?)
Old 11-26-2014, 08:27 AM

Oh the misfits are out and about. A good dose of turkey tryptophan tomorrow will mellow them out. My box has been very good and sitting quietly by the door. If it is bad it is going to the garage. Well, maybe that is a good idea, the mice can chew a little hole in it so I can peer in. Anyone have one of those cameras on a hose like they look inside of you?
Old 11-26-2014, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
The socks are in the box sitting on my bedroom dresser . . . very high up to avoid the Mac Attack (the puppy).
DAGGUMMIT! I grabbed the wrong box!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
Oh the misfits are out and about. A good dose of turkey tryptophan tomorrow will mellow them out. My box has been very good and sitting quietly by the door. If it is bad it is going to the garage. Well, maybe that is a good idea, the mice can chew a little hole in it so I can peer in. Anyone have one of those cameras on a hose like they look inside of you?
Here's what ya do! Loosen the tape just a bit, so that any moisture buildup that may have happened in transit, can evaporate and not harm the contents. Now if you happen to have a cell phone with a camera, ease the top portion of the phone into the box. Snap a few photos. . . just to make sure nothing has been damaged, of course. Do NOT push the phone too far into the box, or you'll be forced to open the box, to retrieve the phone!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by marilyn43 View Post
Oh my gosh Lisa what an ordeal. Were you home alone? Thank heavens your ok. Have you thought about getting your hair cut? lol.
Lisa- as my good deed for the day, I will help you prevent further "hair raising/removing" incidents. The Native Americans had a cure for such problems. They called them braids, and no it wasn't vacuuming that prompted the discovery. Also, they sell these little things that actually hold your hair all together, I think they call them "hair elastics", you should check them out before doing anymore dangerous stunts like using a vacuum. Lol!

Don't you just hate it when things like that happen, and you can't yell at anyone because you did it to yourself? I just hate that.... I am glad you are OK, but I can imagine how frightening that must have been. Blessings. ( BTW- Soaking in Epsom salts will help with all those bruises you can't see, but feel.)
Old 11-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

"Santa Closet"... LOL.

We were kind of different in that we didn't pretend there was a Santa with our kids. I remember the extreme disappointment and betrayal I felt the day I learned there was no Santa Claus and I didn't want to do that to my kids. We just taught them that Santa was the pretend part of Christmas, and tho some children believed he was real-- he wasn't. I always felt Santa stole the glory of Christmas (in children's eyes) from Jesus, who's birthday we celebrate. So we had a birthday cake for Jesus and plenty of Christmas decorations and always a beautiful tree AND a nativity where the kids could act out the Christmas story... but no Santas in our home. My kids are grown now but I still can't bring myself to put out a Santa to decorate, tho I think they are cute. I have a few kitchy vintage Santa pieces that were my parent's, from the 40's and 50's... but they are collectables that stay in the china cabinet.

We set out a large collection of nutcrackers... all mementos from the 10 years or so that all three of my kids danced in The Nutcracker Ballet.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:33 AM

Quilt Addict and Neesie you two are cracking me up! My SS box had a slightly crunched corner when it arrived and I swear I didn't do anything to it.....(honest!).....but there peeking out of that slightly smooshed corner was a little pink polka dotted bit of fabric with some stitching on it. I told my DH that my box was sticking it's tongue out, taunting me!

I could really sneak a telescopic micro-lens in there..........but I am being a good girl!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by patchesnposies View Post
quilt addict and neesie you two are cracking me up! My ss box had a slightly crunched corner when it arrived and i swear i didn't do anything to it.....(honest!).....but there peeking out of that slightly smooshed corner was a little pink polka dotted bit of fabric with some stitching on it. I told my dh that my box was sticking it's tongue out, taunting me!

I could really sneak a telescopic micro-lens in there..........but i am being a good girl!
open it!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
open it!
Kat, You are, what is known at our house as, an INSTIGATOR! lol
Old 11-26-2014, 10:03 AM

Actually more of an ENABLER .....

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
Kat, You are, what is known at our house as, an INSTIGATOR! lol