Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilt Weekend--9/12 to 9/14 Edition >

Virtual Quilt Weekend--9/12 to 9/14 Edition

Virtual Quilt Weekend--9/12 to 9/14 Edition

Old 09-12-2014, 03:08 AM

Default Virtual Quilt Weekend--9/12 to 9/14 Edition

Welcome to Virtual Quilt Weekend. If you're new to the idea, we "virtually" quilt together this weekend and post pictures and share what we're working on this weekend. I will be working on some Christmas presents today. Tomorrow I will be at a Sew-In and will work on some Kids Komforts quilts. So I have a lot to get done this weekend and better get started!
Old 09-12-2014, 03:33 AM

Hi Heather.
I will be working on some scrappy 25-patch blocks(10"squares). I had planned to do a pattern called Film at Five.

http://weddingdressblue.wordpress.co...at-five-quilt/

Started that but then I changed my mind since I didn't want to deal with making all those strips.

I started bordering the blocks with a black 2.5" wide strip. Not sure where I'll go from there. I have 20 blocks so today I will try to get the black borders done.

Only have a camera phone and pics always look washed out but may post a pic on Sunday.
Hopefully, others will join us for the VQ weekend.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

I am trying to finish up the placemats that are going to be given out in our local area for people who are on Meals on Wheels with their Christmas meal.
Attached Thumbnails xmas-placemats-two.jpg  
Old 09-12-2014, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

I just started a Halloween wall hanging. Count me in.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:24 AM

I'm sewing but not quilting this weekend. I'm making headrest covers for my new car. hehehehe
Old 09-12-2014, 06:36 AM

Hi Heather !! Please count me in - i have a quilt that i have been trying to quilt for a month on my DSM....it's a queens size - and i have torn out the quilting half a dozen times. It is SO heavy and i am having so much trouble with my thumbs (surgery after first of the year) that it hurts to work on it. However - i figured out an easier and pattern appropriate quilt pattern that i think will do it for sure this time. The virtual weekend will really give me the push to get it done.

>>>Maniac - love your place mats ... they are SO cheerful !!!! What a sweet idea.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:44 AM

I'm in!! I took the day off today and I was planning on spending some time on the Halloween quilt. I am really hoping to have it off the rack by the end of the weekend. I have a couple of other obligations-- party for work tomorrow and a bike ride Sunday, but I'll pop in and out. Love Virtual Quilting Weekends! Thanks Raggiemom!!!

Maniac, I love your placemats. What a thoughtful thing to do. :-)
Old 09-12-2014, 06:46 AM

I'm going to join this one too -- I'm working on my 3rd mock cathedral denim quilt. I'm trying to use up all the old jeans that have been stored in various places around the house! Thanks for hosting the party!
Old 09-12-2014, 06:47 AM

I am in. I have to make some party favors for the pillowcase sew in we are having next week. I will be making some potholders and needlecases to give out to people who help us. I am starting tonight. Tomorrow I have to help paint some shelves at my mother's house and hopefully dh doesn't need me on Sunday to mow his dad's lawn.

I can't wait.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:56 AM

I need to finish this:

(This was actually just my first layout; I have since gotten rid of the dark blocks on the corners and made all the neutrals match, but you get the general idea.)

I have this center all sewn up now but it still needs borders. This is a wedding gift for a wedding that was last month so I really need to get it DONE! I have all of the fabric, just need to cut one more set of borders and get them all attached (there will be 4 borders on the top & bottom; 3 on the sides). I always choke up on borders though; I get ruffles even when I measure carefully and use tons of pins, sigh. Oh well, the recipients will honestly never notice, I just need to DO it and get it done so I can move on to something else. I love how this quilt is turning out but I'm also sick of it hogging up my design wall. I think this time I'll try starching everything stiff as a board before I put on the borders, maybe that will help with my ruffly issues! (No wonder I like modern quilts...no borders! LOL)
Attached Thumbnails wedding_quilt.jpg