Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Do You Quilt To? >

What Do You Quilt To?

What Do You Quilt To?

Old 09-16-2014, 01:56 PM

My sewing area is right outside of my laundry room in the far reaches of my basement. I love the sounds of the swishing of the washing machine and dryer. It relaxes me and drowns out the sounds of what is going on upstairs. I have a full house right now so I prefer either those sounds or beautiful silence.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:42 PM
Power Poster

Annie Haslam either solo or with the band Renaissance is my musical preference. If to is tv it is usually an oldies station
Old 09-16-2014, 05:37 PM

While piecing I'm upstairs and either have rock on the radio--or can hear my husband watching tv downstairs (loudly)!

While on the long arm, I usually load up the CD player with rock, blues and 80's-90's country but sometimes have re-runs on the tv that I've seen a gillion times (Law and Order, Bones, Criminal Minds, Ncis)--but usually music cause it loosens me up and provides rythym to quilt by.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
Reruns of NCIS.
Or Law and Order: SVU. I can listen without watching because I've seen all the episodes and already know what's going to happen, but it keeps me company. One of our cable channels has one or the other on all afternoon.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:12 PM

I listen to Fox News on the TV.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:23 AM

I prefer it quiet when I sew, but my sewing area is in the den and if my hubby comes in to work on that computer (he has 3 set up), then I can forget the quiet. He is learning (took 49 years) that I do like it quiet, so he does try to keep it down. Sometimes I like soft background music. I do use the time to call my BFF and talk using the headset to the cordless phone. Like others have said, it's all according to my mood.
Happy sewing!
Old 09-17-2014, 06:37 AM

I usually put on a podcast - Car Talk or Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me, or StarTalk. Sometimes I'll stream a French-language radio broadcast (in hopes that it will somehow help me regain my long-lost fluency). Sometimes I'll listen to classical music, or whatever's on NPR. If my 8-year-old is sewing with me, I listen to him.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:33 AM

I love to hear a clock tick. Honest. I think it comes from how much I loved going to the Hoquiam Washington library as a little kid.

And I listen to audible books. Right now I'm listening to the Red Wall series.

edited to add: we haven't had a tv for about 10 years now. Never miss it

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 09-17-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:34 PM

Sometimes the tv or classic rock on the tv or ipod (a little heavy on the Bob Seger).
Old 09-17-2014, 05:08 PM

Pandora most days...whatever I'm in the mood for, and I can't listen to the same genre for more than 4-5 songs.

Or I sew in silence, do some praying, enjoy the sights outside because my machine is in front of a window facing our street. I like to eavesdrop and no one's the wise. They have NO idea how their voices carry. It's a hoot.

FREE Quilting Newsletter