Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Momoe's stars quilt pattern - i found it!!!!!! >

Momoe's stars quilt pattern - i found it!!!!!!

Momoe's stars quilt pattern - i found it!!!!!!

Old 09-18-2014, 07:01 AM

Cool Momoe's stars quilt pattern - i found it!!!!!!

After seeing several posts about a pattern called Momoe's Stars. Everyone was trying to figure out how to make this great looking quilt. Like everyone else, I was intrigued and wanted to add it to my To Do List.

After several hours of reading blogs and posts, I FINALLY found a pattern with a full size template included.

It was published in a small magazine called Motorhome Marketplace. It is under the section called Crafts On The Road in the August 1995 issue. It is located on pages 24 and 25. Hope this helps someone that has been looking. Apparently for YEARS!!!!!

http://gmcmh.de/GMC%20Motorhome%20Ma...MM_1995-08.pdf

There is a variation of this pattern that is in the August 1996 issue too.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:11 AM

Thanks for posting this!!!!
Old 09-18-2014, 07:38 AM

Thanks for your work in finding this and posting it for us. I don't really need anything else for my bucket list,but i really like this.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:46 AM

this was called Chinese Cathedral Window by a friend who made the quilt. She gave me her acrylic shapes for cutting out. I made a couple of dozen blocks but I never could get the fold over to look even. Excellent finished as you go project though.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:04 AM

Oh my! Memories! I used to have the GMC Elegenza. What a wonderful RV! Drove like a car!

Originally Posted by jrhboxers View Post
After seeing several posts about a pattern called Momoe's Stars. Everyone was trying to figure out how to make this great looking quilt. Like everyone else, I was intrigued and wanted to add it to my To Do List.

After several hours of reading blogs and posts, I FINALLY found a pattern with a full size template included.

It was published in a small magazine called Motorhome Marketplace. It is under the section called Crafts On The Road in the August 1995 issue. It is located on pages 24 and 25. Hope this helps someone that has been looking. Apparently for YEARS!!!!!

http://gmcmh.de/GMC%20Motorhome%20Ma...MM_1995-08.pdf

There is a variation of this pattern that is in the August 1996 issue too.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:17 PM

Wow....I wonder if that's the way the one posted here was done......there doesn't seem to be a follow up on board......hope I will be able to print it out!
Old 09-19-2014, 04:17 AM

I thank you for sharing this! I have saved it, but cannot figure how to print it, without printing the entire magazine! When someone finds how, please post it??? TIA...
Old 09-19-2014, 05:50 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Originally Posted by Cottage Dee View Post
I thank you for sharing this! I have saved it, but cannot figure how to print it, without printing the entire magazine! When someone finds how, please post it??? TIA...
Go to print pages then type in 24-25 and it will only print those pages when you bring up the print mode on your computer. Hope this helps
Old 09-19-2014, 06:10 AM

Just what I need, another project! I wasn't going to print this out but just couldn't resist--I thought it was fun to see that glue sticks were used for quilting in 1996 -- it isn't a "new" process.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cottage Dee View Post
Since it is in a pdf, move your cursor across the lower part of the page, and among other notes, a typewriter or printer symbol will show. Click once on the printer and when the window opens, look toward the top left to find where it lists print pages 1 - 40. Choose that function, delete those numbers and enter 24 - 25. Lower down on the same window choose the function that says to print the actual size, NOT the one that says to fit the page. Now click on print or hit the "enter" key. Just remember to print from a pdf using the symbols on the pdf, not the ones on your menu bar.