Perfect use for Touch&Sew

Old 09-26-2014, 06:53 PM

Default Perfect use for Touch&Sew

It finally paid for itself by propping open the garage door for the hose I had to use to drain the hot water tank. It has been a headache inducing day. Please send some positive energy this way, if you get a chance. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails tsprop.jpg  
Old 09-26-2014, 07:07 PM

I think you're taking that whole doorstop thing too literally. Been taking lessons from Miriam?
I actually like my touch & sews.
I absolutely hate water heater problems. Mine was a plague all last year trying to limp it along.
Let me know if you need anything with it. Positive energy coming your way for sure.
Rodney
Old 09-26-2014, 07:32 PM

Thanks, Rodney. It sprung a leak from somewhere at the bottom, underneath. Luckily it had only been lightly streaming for a few hours before I found it. The Internet helped me to shut it off and drain it, but I think it needs professional help. I've somewhat insanely taken apart (and repaired!) the washer, dryer, and stove over the years, but I do draw the line here at gushing scalding water.

I will admit that I was indeed inspired by Miriam. It was in close proximity, and I wasn't going to use the 201.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:34 PM

I wish our hot water heaters were downstairs. They're up, and if they start something, they'll be on our head or lap. By the way, I think that touch and sew will be okay.LOL
Old 09-26-2014, 08:45 PM

It may take a few minutes for the showers to heat up, but I am very glad it is in the garage! The furnace is in the attic though, so if it ever needs replacing the labor costs are going to be scary. This house is a weird mix of brilliant (4 good sized bedrooms) and loony (gas fireplace in a pillar that is smack in the middle of the living area and totally useless). If we ever want to sell it we'll have to move out first, because the faults are screamingly obvious with furniture in it. Without furniture it seems to make sense.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:21 PM
Banned

At least yours puts out enough hot water for a shower. Mine gives a 5 minute stream of lukewarm water, followed 20 minutes later by a 2 minute stream of sort of hot. The kids say it's hot enough but I worked in a commercial laundry for a few years where hot means HOT and mine is not hot.

Cari

BTW, I have a couple of those machines. I think I've just found a use for the 2 in the shed.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
BTW, I have a couple of those machines. I think I've just found a use for the 2 in the shed.
Sawhorses? Jackstands? Lamps?
Old 09-27-2014, 12:21 AM
Banned

No, doorstops!

Cari
Old 09-27-2014, 03:08 AM
Power Poster

ROTFLMBO YES! Although it is likely if you replaced the gears and rubber feed dogs and make sure the bobbin winder doesn't swallow up your thread and follow the manual to the letter you might have a cool machine.... I have one, too. It is in the category of too good for a sledge hammer but too many unkowns to deal with at this point. HM I don't really need a door stop right now...
Old 09-27-2014, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

My,My, So Sad--love my Touch N Sew machines ! Use one daily and never any problems.