Holiday Mug Rug Swap!!!

Old 10-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

I called Zoey last night when i made tuna, she lifted her head and put it back down, doesn't like the water,oil. tuna or the can. my little girl looks like the kitty in your avatar. boy, pintrest has lots of cute mug rugs too. alot of good ideas. If i get MizMelly, you get kitties.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:23 AM

Hope I am in time to sign up?

Hugs

Caroline
Old 10-06-2014, 01:57 AM

Love that Halloween mug rug!

While I loved my kitty, and I miss her, I will leave the kitty theme mug rugs to those of you who are wanting them. Though I must say, I will love whatever I get.
Yes, Brat, even calico print fabric in 1990's colors dusty rose, blue, green.. I won't complain. Because when signing up for these swaps, it's a chance you take. Plus as I always say, if we all liked the same things, how boring would it be??!!

I love the variety of our group, and can't wait to see what everyone makes!!

Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 10-06-2014 at 02:05 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:28 AM

I made this for a mug rug swap last year:
Attached Thumbnails mug-rug-coffee.jpg  
Old 10-06-2014, 05:41 AM

Speaking of kitties, I would like a Hello Kitty mug rug for my sewing room. If my partner doesn't feel to make one, I also like country colors, sunflowers, chickens, Kansas trouble, civil war and 1930 reproduction prints. Plenty of choices to make me happy.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:44 AM

MizMelly, what an adorable mug rug you made last year! I love paper piecing and this is such a cute pattern!
Old 10-06-2014, 06:38 AM

I hope this is very clear I meant hand made not hand sewn. A machine is very acceptable and probably wise due to the washing these things end up getting with little spills and such. We have drum roll.... over 50 sign ups right now. WOW a very diversified swap group. I need a couple international swappers if I don't get more from the following countries: England, Australia and Canada. I know that two of these swappers are fine with shipping to the US but one is not very much able to do this at this time. So please by private PM send me a note if your willing to ship there. DO NOT POST IT HERE (this is a secret pal swap and well it would be very obvious to the other swapper if you mentioned it here).

I love that coffee pot mug rug! its so great!! I made a happy pig on the last one I did and just looked for it. WHERE DID I PUT THAT PICTURE??? lol. I think it came out pretty cute all in all. I am finding lots and lots of cat lovers here . It should be very easy to pair you up nicely I am making a mini wall quilt with a cat on it and its so very fun. think I will love it when its done oh dear... I am sending it to someone else!!! lol. Think creative and fun. Feel free to post pictures of mug rugs you have made in the past or ones you found that are so adorable you cant stand it. lol... SIGN UPS ARE CLOSING IN 4 days at noon. Make sure you send me a PM so you can get in on the fun!
Old 10-06-2014, 07:07 AM

Here are 2 mug rugs I made for a summer swap on another site.
Attached Thumbnails 2014-summer-mug-rug-swap-1.jpg   2014-summer-mug-rug-swap-2.jpg  
Old 10-06-2014, 07:16 AM

Klaws...those are adorable! Mug Rugs just make me smile...they're so happy aren't they???

I have a few things about me listed on my page for my Secret Swap Partner...while I love cats, my body doesn't like the dander...I'm highly allergic to it, so I admire them from afar...they still love me and when I'm around anyone who owns cats, they always come purr and rub my legs, wanting me to pick them up...it's very difficult to not cuddle them, but it's just not worth the "after". Drat to allergies! Pet dander, shellfish and cigarette smoke are no-no's. I am NOT allergic to chocolate however, so life is still very good!!!!
Old 10-06-2014, 07:28 AM

There sure are a lot of cat lovers here! I don't have any at the present time, but we have always had at least one. We most likely won't get another one as my DIL is allergic to them. And I would like to see her more often, especially with a grandchild on the way! But I really miss a cat on the lap in The evening. Our dogs are too big to be lap dogs, but love to cuddle next to us when we sit on the couch!
I am really open to any design or fabric on my mug rug. I want my partner to have fun and do what she enjoys! So to my partner whomever she maybe, have fun with it!
Did everyone have a great weekend? We had a busy one. We were trying to get somethings put away for the winter before it is too cold to enjoy being outside. We didn't even go to a car show because of the cold and the rain we had on Saturday.
I love fall but not the fall rain,always makes it feel colder than it really is! LOL!