Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki TL-2010Q >

Juki TL-2010Q

Juki TL-2010Q

Old 10-17-2014, 07:41 AM

Absolutely recommend this machine to everyone I know! It is perfect. One of the surprises I love is the thread cutter on the foot pedal. It cuts so close, about 1/4" that it eliminated the need to chain piece. No wasted threads.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:32 AM

Of course I'm on a deadline - and my machine just quit after I wound three bobbins in the middle of my project. I love this machine. Does anyone know of a certified repair person in North Texas? My searches aren't helping, and not even the Juki American site dealer search is working at the moment. If I can't get it fixed, I'll have to hire a longarmer to finish the quilt on time. That will be impossible due to the season of deadlines for Christmas.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Texasjunebug View Post
Of course I'm on a deadline - and my machine just quit after I wound three bobbins in the middle of my project. I love this machine. Does anyone know of a certified repair person in North Texas? My searches aren't helping, and not even the Juki American site dealer search is working at the moment. If I can't get it fixed, I'll have to hire a longarmer to finish the quilt on time. That will be impossible due to the season of deadlines for Christmas.
Problem solved ... by JUKI !!!!!! Now I know why I chose Juki - excellent reputation. I called them and their customer service is the best anyone could hope for.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:32 PM

I have been interested in this machine too! There is no Juki dealer here close to me, I've been hoping to find one when I get to a 'big' city before Christmas!
Old 11-16-2014, 08:44 PM

I have had my Juki TL2010q for over a year now and have made over 20 quilts on it. Love it!! Perfect stitches for pieceing and quilting. Very powerful, perfect stitches. The speed control is superb, really helps me quilt smoothly. Have not had any mechanical issues at all, have not needed any adjustments--worked perfectly right out of the box. I also love the knee lever to raise/lower the pressure foot and the thread cutter in the foot pedal. Highly recommend it!! I bought it from a small local independent sewing center that carries several brands--not a specialized Juki dealer.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:52 PM

Can you put other feet with it?
Old 11-16-2014, 09:43 PM

It comes with several feet, including a great walking foot that I use A LOT!! I have only purchased one other foot and that is a 1/4" foot with a guide on it.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:07 PM

Great for just quilting. But all the other juki models have same size throat as well as bels and whistles and are cheaper I believe. I would always buy a machine for more than one reason as the cost. Is so high.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:42 PM

Jeanne, have you had any issues with the thread cutter snipping the bobbin thread too short? I just got mine Friday (brand new via Amazon.com) and I love it, but the bobbin thread is cut about 1/8th of an inch long. I have to use tweezers to pull it out. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by pjntexas View Post
Jeanne, have you had any issues with the thread cutter snipping the bobbin thread too short? I just got mine Friday (brand new via Amazon.com) and I love it, but the bobbin thread is cut about 1/8th of an inch long. I have to use tweezers to pull it out. Thanks.
Have you tried resuming sewing without pulling the bobbin thread out? I sometimes use the thread cutter when quilting (after taking a few stitches to secure the stitching), then just move my quilt to where the next stitching will be, and resume quilting.