Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Old 11-24-2014, 07:23 PM

Default Have a Happy Thanksgiving

There are many things for which I am thankful, and one of them is all of you, the members of my quilt guild. Thanks for advice, quilting eye candy, and your willingness to help when anyone has a question or problem. The Quilting Board members are great!

Last edited by AngeliaNR; 11-24-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:07 PM

Yes, I am so thankful for this Board. I have no other quilt friends to go to, when I have a problem, and everyone here was so gracious and helped me out. Thanks
Old 11-25-2014, 04:26 AM

I have been a member here since 2009. I can't tell you how much I have learned from all of you - paragraph long, sentence long, makes no difference - it has helped in so many ways.

I am also so very thankful to my mother who always said, "Once you put your mind to something, there is nothing you can't do. And here I am

I am also so very thankful to my husband who always said "This is better than the last one - who is getting this one?"

I am also so very thankful to Miss Bess (my faithful friend and avatar), who manages to sleep on the floor where my feet and sewing machine foot pedal go. Who am I to say she can't lay there when she knows I am going to sit there and try to do some sewing.

I am also so very thankful to God because, through arthritis in my two index fingers, with Him I can still manage to measure, cut, and sew my quilts.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Edie

Last edited by Edie; 11-25-2014 at 04:29 AM.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:29 AM

Add me as one of the thankful quilt board members. I start my day with coffee and all of you. My DH makes fun of my routine! Thanks to all for giving me good mornings and great advice!
Old 11-25-2014, 07:34 AM

Thank you all for the inspirations, the funny stories and your generosity in sharing your life experiences. Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-25-2014, 08:48 AM

I'm thankful for my DH - he's such a good man and I'm a lucky lady to have him at my side. I never have to be jealous of anybody else's marriage - mine isn't perfect but it's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

I'm thankful for my job - I actually enjoy going there because of the wonderful people I work with, I'm paid a wage that lets me live comfortably, the work itself is interesting and challenging, and the company's goals and values match my own.

I'm thankful for my family - my sister and her kids, all my aunts and uncles and cousins...for the most part it's a group of wonderful people.

I'm thankful for the advice my late father gave me over and over: "You don't have a choice about growing old, but you DO have a choice about growing up." He died at age 50, and when they went through his pockets they found rocks (for kicking and skipping), rubber bands (for shooting his unsuspecting daughters), and a toy volkswagen (for driving around on chair arms in doctor's offices, or on my arms while waiting in grocery store lines). I have that toy volkswagen and now I drive it around on things when I'm bored!

I'm thankful for my hands. They are agile and strong. They type fast so I can get my work done. They hold paintbrushes, needles, sculpting tools and pencils for hours without aching. They scritch my dogs, stroke my cats, and cradle my husband's face. And every year they look a little bit more like my grandmother's hands, which were the most skilled hands I've ever watched.

I'm thankful for black tea, so I can still get my caffeine kick even though my stomach has decided it won't accept coffee anymore. And grateful for honeybees, which keep our planet alive and my tea sweet.

I'm thankful for modern medicine, which has saved my life at least twice, eases the ailments that have begun to plague me as I age, and which has given me a miraculous device that replaced my bad hip and lets me walk again - without it I'd be in a wheelchair.

Ditto for modern dentistry...genetics has cursed me with soft teeth; thanks to my dentist and modern dentistry you would never guess how many teeth I've had to replace or reinforce, and I can eat without any pain or discomfort.

I'm grateful for where I live. I feel blessed to live in such a beautiful part of the world; with beaches, mountains, and amazing redwood forests all within easy reach. And the close proximity to several world-class wineries is a nice bonus, too. I didn't even LIKE wine until I moved here and finally tasted GOOD wine.

And lastly, I'm grateful for Thanksgiving, that I am reminded to take a moment and reflect on just how fortunate I am. My life isn't perfect, but it's pretty darn good.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Power Poster

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
I have way too many things to be Thankful for to list them here.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:12 PM

This quilt board is great and I am thankful I found all of you. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:15 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm thankful for friends like you who are always ready to help when I have a question. All of you inspire me more than you will ever know. My confidence has grown over the time I've been a member of this board.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:36 AM

I try to be thankful every day for all that God has blessed me with, and Thanksgiving is extra special to us because that's the day in 1978 that we got married, only that year it was on Nov. 23. So this past Sunday was our 36th anniversary. I'm so glad he said "Yes" when I asked him to marry me! (long story about that) My DH is the one earthly blessing that I am MOST thankful for. And all of you are a close second blessing........Thank you for being there for all of us. Happy Thanksgiving!