Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 02-15-2015, 02:05 PM

I've been working on the challenge quilt, haven't gotten very far, I think about 1/2 of on side blanket stitched, but some progress.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:32 PM

Hey, Bee, these are definitely out of the box, my box anyway, but I LOVE them! Nice job pulling together a mistake and turning out 2 great blocks. Whoa! I'm quite pleased! Thank you!
Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
These two block are for Janice. This has been an adventure in sewing and piecing. My sewing room looks like a hurricane blew through it. I will try to be brief! Ok.....so I headed into Quilter's Cache to find a really pretty pattern....something deserving of our dedicated leader! After much deliberating came the final answer. The Double Aster....a beautiful block so fitting for the floral pattern. Printed it and off to the cutting board. I read the instructions at least 10 times....chose fabrics and started cutting. Thank the Lord that quiet voice kept saying, "Do not cut her fabric yet". Many hours later, I abandoned the plan and fear set in. I had cut half of the F8 into half square triangles.

When all else fails, turn to my big Thimble Berries Book. And there is was. The Windflower and with a little creativity....I could make it work. I was able to make a second block with my already cut pieces.

Never again will I attempt to make the "Double Dis-Aster" Swooooosh! I barely made it through this with my shorts as my DH would say. I hope i have not ventured to far away from your instructions Janice...I have a minor adjustment to make in the first one....beautiful ombre fabric - squared up to a perfect 12 1/2 inch sq.

Buzzed from Bee-ing

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510370[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510371[/ATTACH]
Old 02-15-2015, 04:01 PM

I am in the challenge also...working...
Old 02-15-2015, 04:30 PM

I'm in the challenge too and haven't spent 2 minutes on it yet. Bummer.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:55 PM

Finished the blocks for both swaps. I counted both groups and was AOK. Double checked original mailing envelope and there was a finished block in it. What? Counted March Again and was one short.n guess I need counting lessons. Mailing tomorrow Janice will let you know tracking number .

hubby and I finished my new ironing station. I love it[ATTACH=CONFIG]510394[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 02-15-2015, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
These two block are for Janice. This has been an adventure in sewing and piecing.
Nice Save Bee!!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:13 PM

I'm in the challenge thing to but the one I was trying to get done had to be put on hold again (this is why it's been a UFO in the making) because my DH didn't like the colors of the flowers in the first blocks that I did and I didn't have enough fabric to do the changes. So I had to order a new background fabric because I couldn't find anyone with the one I had.

Do you see where this is going????? Right back into the UFO basket. I should have known it was to good to be true, that I'd get this done. But I'll be patient and see if I'm still interested in finishing it by the time the fabric gets here.

Who knows I might find something else to work on in my pile of scraps.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:36 PM

SeaSaw, don't give up....not yet! It's like that moment when I had the thought that, "I have actually screwed up Janice's fabric! I felt panic and immediately could not believe I had waited until Janice's block to make such a huge mistake. I had two choices....PM Janice and ask for another F8 or get crackin' and get creative!

Janice, I truly hope you can use these blocks and please know that I would be happy to start over and make you two more - without hesitation!

As for the UFO challengers....we have until Mother's Day! Let's give it our best shot! I am still in for sure!

Will post my last blocks for this Swap tomorrow.

Good Night Bee
Old 02-16-2015, 05:22 AM

Default Just an fyi...

BarbaraKibler23 is running her third annual 2.5 inch birthday fabric swap. We exchange 50 2.5 inch "candy" squares for every member's birthday so it's a year-long commitment. It's set to close in a few days but if anyone is interested, you should check it out on the Member Swaps and Round/Row Page.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:31 AM

One more thing. If anyone in "The Challenge" wants to put up pix of "before", "during" and "after" pix, I can make a separate page in the Gallery and add them. You can email them to me. Just a thought...