Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious! >

#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious!

#8 mystery quilt train ride - it's scrap-alicious!

Old 01-20-2015, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

m-fay, great looking blocks.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I just noticed where you are from. We are nearly neighbors. I live in Henryetta, and my Gma and dad lived (dad still does) in Clayton.
I live in Bethany, NW side of OKC.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
Our gym suits were like these styles ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506943[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]506944[/ATTACH]

Yikes they are still scary!
Wow, blast from the past...I wore those 40+ years ago.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
Moonrise, What a cute little kitten. That was no easy task raising him so hats off to you for your good heart. Name?? Oh, and I love your scrappy scraps too.
Thanks! His name has changed several times since we found him, but his "official" name is Lucky Little Biscuit. DH wanted to name him Lucky, because he was lucky I heard him out there crying, but Lucky sounds to me more like a dog's name. The Little Biscuit part came from the tomcat that we THINK is his father. A few months before the kitten was born, there was a stray tomcat roaming the neighborhood. He was a short, but very muscular cat with a head that looked too big for his body. Ever heard of a "cat head biscuit"? Well, we started calling him Biscuit because of his big ol' head. So I had the idea of naming the kitten Little Biscuit after his (probable) dad, who apparently moved on to another area because he disappeared. DH and I compromised on the kitten's name, and it turned into Lucky Little Biscuit.

However ...

I'm notorious when it comes to making up nicknames, and even when he was 2 days old, I nicknamed him Monster. It was supposed to be funny, like calling a dainty little chihuahua a tough-sounding name like Brutus or Spike.

Well, as you can guess, Monster ended up being the name that stuck. The vet thought it was hilarious. He's been quite the celebrity at the vet's office, considering that very few kittens are bottle-fed, and that he's so well-behaved despite his "monstrous" name. Being a kitten, he does have his "monster" moments, though, especially he's in play mode and my other (middle-aged) cats aren't in the mood for his "childish" kitten games! LOL! (They do get along surprisingly well, actually.)
Old 01-20-2015, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Dotty, thanks for the great idea!!!
Gymsuits. my first 6 yrs went to Catholic school, so no gym.
but in 7 &8 we had to wear a one pc. the shorts were gold, and the top was baggy and
gold and white stripes with the school name. like we didn;t know where we were.it had a rounded corner collar too.
in the pool, anything went, and I mean anything! scuba diving and synchronized swimming was the only one they wanted one pc bathing suit for.
I had the same suit in junior high. I hated them.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:57 AM

M-Fay, I love your controled scrappy!
These are unique and I've loved everyone I've seen & have gotten inspired to do clue #1-the 4 patches- in so creative ways. But that will have to be another time.
also, those terrible gym uniforms- we had those when I was in junior high 45 years ago. In highschool I was lucky & missed gym due to disability-lol.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by QltrSue View Post
Marta, your triangles look lovely! So tidy and just the right contrast. Had a wonderful visit in Barcelona and Malaga in the fall; can't wait to return to see more of the interior of Spain.

Can anyone tell me how to put a quote or verse that automatically goes on your postings?
QltrSue, I'm glad you like my country! there are marvelous places to go and things to see. I live in Madrid and if you return send me a PM!.
M-fay you need to go "Settings" in the right corner of the Board and then go to "edit signature" to write your choice phrase and must fill the checkbox down the postbox to show the signature under your post, too!.
Hope my english don't be gibberish
Attached Thumbnails captura.jpg  
Old 01-21-2015, 02:51 AM
Power Poster

Marta, your English is wonderful.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:23 AM

Thank you kindly, Marta. I will do so, but it may be a while before we get back there. Wish my Spanish was as good as your English!
Old 01-21-2015, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
at guild last month our speak said she used her rotary cutter & made confetti with the little scraps & then did the trick of laying the netting over it & stitching. Sometimes she sews around the outside edges & leaves the inner scraps loose & uses this as a greeting card.
I really need to see this done. I searched the utube for some examples of all the suggestions that were listed with postage stamps and crumbs, and can't find what I am looking for. Guess I don't ask for the right stuff.