Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
PC Quilter >

PC Quilter

PC Quilter

Old 04-16-2015, 08:03 PM

Default PC Quilter

I need some help and advice.
I'm considering buying the PC Quilter, but there is not allot of current conversations going on about it.
I have read some bad reviews (dated many years ago) complaining of customer service and tech support for PCQ. In this I would have to agree, I have tried calling and emailing their sales department for 3 days with no response. also complaints of frustration with learning the software, lacking in the user friendly department.
Like I said these are old posts.
I have heard that PCQ has come along way in the recent years and made many positive improvements, but can't get confirmation from real people PCQ's website show's customer satisfaction (also old out dated posts-nothing within the last few years) however these can be faked and most may be.
I am wanting to upgrade my HQ16 with adjustable frame and make in computerized, but I can't get anyone to help me. Pro-Stitcher is not an option due to the age of my machine apparently no one want to take on the challenge stating it would not be cost effective, and they want me to spend 22,000 on a new system (that is not cost effective). Well that ain't happening so I'm looking for another option.
I would like to know who is using the newest PCQ and what they think of it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated this is a significant investment and I want to be sure.

Thank you

Cyn
Old 04-16-2015, 08:59 PM

You might find more info on the Yahoo group. https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/PCQ/info
Old 04-19-2015, 06:30 AM

Cyn, I had the older PCQ when it 1st came out and yes, customer service was terrible. Since then I do know the owner/creator of the PCQ has since died so have no idea who is running the business now. Ellen Munnich worked with them back then too and since has moved on. She is now working with Peter who developed the ProQ Designer program used for the PCQ but under a similar name. It too has upgraded. I went from the PCQ which I had a terrible time with to the retrofitted PCQ/MQR which I loved much better. I heard some folks never had a problem with their PCQ, others had nothing but troubles such as me. I've since switched my retrofitted PCQ/MQR to the full blown MQR. But my retrofit worked well with my stretched Juki 98Q I had before this last upgrade.

Check out the MQR at http://machinequiltingrobot.com/MQR_Longarm.htm
You can also call them or email them and they will contact you and answer any questions you might have. When I switched over to their retrofit model I never looked back.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:22 PM

I know i am very late to this conversation but I am also considering purchasing PCQ - spoke to Melanie today who was extremely helpful and called me back twice today because the first time she called i had to let her go and answer a business call at work as well.. ..... don't they know i have quilting to do... LOL... anyway... I am new to computerized quilting... so if i buy PCQ I need MQR as well?? what is MQR (I went to the site).... if I buy PCQ is that just the carriage or the program to run it too... feeling a little lost.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
Cyn, I had the older PCQ when it 1st came out and yes, customer service was terrible. Since then I do know the owner/creator of the PCQ has since died so have no idea who is running the business now. Ellen Munnich worked with them back then too and since has moved on. She is now working with Peter who developed the ProQ Designer program used for the PCQ but under a similar name. It too has upgraded. I went from the PCQ which I had a terrible time with to the retrofitted PCQ/MQR which I loved much better. I heard some folks never had a problem with their PCQ, others had nothing but troubles such as me. I've since switched my retrofitted PCQ/MQR to the full blown MQR. But my retrofit worked well with my stretched Juki 98Q I had before this last upgrade.

Check out the MQR at http://machinequiltingrobot.com/MQR_Longarm.htm
You can also call them or email them and they will contact you and answer any questions you might have. When I switched over to their retrofit model I never looked back.
My experiences and set up were the same as Suz's. I sold my entire set up before moving from MN. I did like the quilting that i got from the 'robot'.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:48 AM

I would highly recommend NOT to get PC QUilter. Had one - it broke after less than a year. No warranty, horrible customer service. Buying that was the most expensive mistake I ever made.